Uni??

Poxie_pixie

Reaction score
I am hoping to start an access course at uni in september after leaving my job due to travelling issues and other things so I am on benefits I was just wondering if anyone knows what help i'll get or whether i will be basicly on my own i live in council accomadation and will be 20 when I start my course. Thanks in advance xXx

I should think your benefits will stay the same, student finance will help you out too :). And you might want to enquire into the actual uni itself and see what sort of support they give, each uni is different :). Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I don't get any student finance help as it's only an access course so it's free for me it's basicly a levels x

Hi I'm in the same situation as you I done my as but not full alevels. I've chosen the open uni route if u haven't looked into it I'd reccommend it. Its full degrees without having to do alevels and u do it at home through internet and study material they send. Due to my situation its free. May be for you too? If its something your interested in definitely look into it x

well i have as not full a levels and the access is the step before doing a full degree i want to go to uni just wondered if anyone knew anything bout it lol x

You'll get basically what you do now but the lone parent advisor used to be good for advice. The student finance office at the uni should still be able to give advise no?

An access course is considered the same as a college course even though its run at a uni, I was going to do one before my degree but in the end I had enough to go straight into my degree. If you go here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Moneyandworkentitlements/YourMoney/DG_10039513 and look at the adult learners bit. All I'll say is to take advantage of everything you can while you're not in work because you sure as hell pay enough taxes when you're in work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back