Anyone know about the rules for returning to work?

jojo_2012

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I was planning on returning to work for 16hrs a week in September, technically I'm full time til the day I go back. I specifically made the changeover the date of my return not a specific day, or the date I went on leave and have this in writing.

L will be 8 months in September, the more I think about it the less I want to go back especially as I'm EBF. I think I want to quit and be a SAHM til NEXT September then start my health visitor degree at uni.

What I want to know is, if I have to return to work for a minimum of 3 months (13 weeks). I will have accrued 25 days annual leave. Technically 13 x 2 days a week is only 26 days so if I hand in my notice I'd only have to go back for a day or so or am I dreaming.

Any help?

Last edited:
If you get OMP then yes you'll have to return for a set period, depends what's in your contract, NHS is 3 months, or you'll have to repay OMP. You can use annual leave as part of your notice period, you need to check how many weeks notice you need to give to submit your resignation. Technically, if you owe them a day they could make you work it, I'd ask them if you can take that day as unpaid leave, that way you fulfill your contract. HTH

Thanks thats what I was thinking.

1 reply 55 views :roll::roll::roll:

That's right, if you have to return for 13 weeks, like I did, I returned on 4 days but with an annual leave entitlement of normal hours from when I was off. I used one day a week for 6 weeks to have a phased return. X

I'd think it was the full time equivalent as you'll be quitting before you start part-time and your mat leave was paid at a full-time amount iykwim. I'm not sure though. Bad to suggest but if you do owe more than one day you could go sick fir the period. X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I can manage the odd day or 2 just really thinking I won't be able to bear being apart I'm quite clingy with L ever since he was in NICU I don't want to let him out of my reach ever again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back