unexpected side effect of pregnancy - read if you get bad headaches alot!

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have been getting niggly headaches recently that drinking loads of water hasn't shifted. The thing is I wear contact lenses as I am shortsighted so thought I had better have my prescription checked even though it was last done in december. My vision has got worse in both eyes which is bringing on the headaches and that is caused by the pregnancy hormones! I didn't know that before so thought I would post for any other ladies that may find an eyetest useful. Incidently, my optician isn't going to give me stronger lenses yet, he's going to see if my sight returns to normal after the birth.

Xx

I was actually thinking of getting my eyes tested. There due to be tested anyway. I have one bad eye I can't see out of really and the other had got worse last time so may be time for a check up xx

I've read about changes in eyesight. I need to get mine tested. I have astigmatism and had a squint when I was little which I had to have an.operation for. Very glad the op worked lol.
My head is agony again tonight :(

I was really surprised by how much my eyesight had gone when he put the stronger lenses in those testing glasses they used. Lol! Pregnancy hormones do strange things sometimes!

Xx

oooh i didn't think of this. someone at work said we should get free eye tests and money off glasses same way we get dentist and precriptions. does anyone know if this is right. she has recently had a baby but can't remember what she paid last time she went to optitions. xxx

Thanks hun - ive been getting bad headaches and i think i should probably get my eyes checked. Ive never worn glasses or anything but my eyes do feel a bit strained now and again x

Tesco opticians have free eyetests and really cheap glasses and contact lenses. I found them better than my last optician too. I was paying £75 for 3 pairs of lenses in my last optician and it is £33 in tesco.

Xx

I have terrible eye sight (short sighted) but so far my eyes don't seem any worse. I think i've only had 3 headaches during the whole pregnancy so far. I'm due an eye test in September anyway so i'll wait til then and treat myself to some new specs!

Flopsy could your headaches be due to wearing lenses instead of glasses? I used to wear them everyday and had headaches alot. My optician said lenses are never as strong as glasses and my eyes will probably deteriorate quickly and when I decided to change to glasses they'd dramatically changed! x

I noticed a little while ago that my eyes seems to be worse when I do not have my glasses on. I did have the same problem late on when I had my DS - it is caused by the increased blood flow in your body the advice is to wear glasses and not drive if your vision is not clear (Obviously!)

Snap Pinky I have an astigmatism of my right eye too! xx

My eyes have felt so strained today - i deffo reckon thats whats been causing my headaches. I read up on this though and some people say that their eyesight returns to how it was after pregnancy so im not sure what to do. No point in me forking out for glasses or anything if theyll return to normal after? x

Cherelle - my eye sight went back to normal after having Mitchell hun. With this baby I was due to have my eyes tested while pregnant and was told not to bother as they would not change my glasses for this very reason. I was told if they are bad/blury etc then to rest and not drive xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back