um, not entirely sure what to do reguaring jabs?

flexilexi394

Reaction score
will my HV tell me when i need to get her jabs? Im a little confused. or do i completely book it off my own back? i know i need to book 6 week check appointment, is the 6 week check for me or baby or both? x

I got a letter inviting us for Islas jabs and 6-8 week review. Same for the 3 month jabs. Her 4 month jabs are next week, no letter yet.

I didn't have a 6 week appointment, never got told to make one and I felt just grand so didn't bother. Isla went a few times with jaundice.

Have you registered Sofia with a doctors?

It depends on the doctors!! My midwife (who i saw at the doctors) said to register him at a doctors asap so they can get the jabs delivered for baby but you have to book the appointment yourself!!

My doctors do the '6 wk check' when baby has first jabs at 8 weeks!! But other doctors do them at seperate occasions so you'l probably have to ask!!

The mw referred me back to the hospital for my 6 week check because of problems with my stitches.

I booked Isla's 8 weeks injections and check with my doctor. Injections tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it!

Right. Lol. I have registered her with doctors today. And booked a 6 week check. So i think I will just see what they say at that then! Thanks guys xxx

We got letters for all our injections. We didn't have a 6 week check, I asked about it and they said they don't do them anymore.

I had to book the 6 week check up but got letters sent for all the jab's

I had Aidens first jab appointment sent through yesterday for 2nd march :(
I think if babas registered with a dr they make it automatically, I have to book my own 6 week check up though. But then again it could be different everywhere lol

we were told to register baby at surgery asap and then we had a letter with appointment on it and once we registered him at the surgery we had a reminder from the health authority too

I've had to book all my appointments (jabs and otherwise) myself, keep losing track of what I need to do lol!

I had to book all appointments too. I didn't realise that I needed to book the 8 week jabs with the nurse and an appointment with the doctor at the same time for baby's 8 week check. I did keep on asking and ringing but the usual story of Doctor's receptionist thinking she's fricking god meant instructions were never clear and I was always fobbed off.

Nurse was off ill so he got his 8 week jabs at 10 weeks. Nobody told me Blake needed a separate check so I had to wait for another appointment and he finally had his 8 week check today at nearly 13 weeks!

He's been referred for an ultrasound on his hips. If there is anything wrong with him and it's been delayed 5 weeks to pick it up I swear there will be hell from me. I am furious.

Book them all now if you can. Better to be organised. Xxx

God that's crap Gem! I'd be furious too. Hopefully his ultrasound will give him the all clear.

I knew to book both my 8 week check and jabs together although I was a bit confused when we got there as we saw a doctor who did Lizzie's checks and nothing was mentioned about jabs until I asked. The doctor looked at me like I was a bit thick and told me to got back to the waiting room and when the nurse was free I'd be called through to her room. So had to get Lizzie all dressed up again and back in pram which was a bit stupid!

And I got an automatic letter through for her first lot of jabs for the 24th Feb - when I mentioned it today they just shrugged it off as if I should know to ignore it? They tend to just assume we know these things I think!

God knows then! I'll take a stroll to docs on Monday and see what the receptionist says. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back