Twins chat 2016/17!

Hi, I am ff, woke up today with boobs like Pamela Anderson lol, Liam is smitten, the first day or 2 it took a while to explain that they were OK and they were crying for food or they didn't like their nappies being changed, so he doesn't worry about that now. The dogs love them too.

I still find it surreal that we have 2 babies at the same time :), but other than that everything is falling into place, apart from it seems to be happy hour between 3 and 5 am x

Hope everyone had a nice bank holiday. I spent most of it sleeping. :-D

Has anyone considered carrying their babies?
I was so set on carrying before finding out there were two. And of course if there are two adults as well, nothing has to change. But I really want to convenience of being able to pop the baby in a sling and have my hands free when at home for example.
I moaned a bit to a friend who's pretty knowledgeable about carrying and she said it's possible to carry two at once. So I googled a bit and am now considering to get a really big shawl and try. Not sure I have the physique for it, but I won't know until I try.
I also found out there are proper carriers with buckles for twins, but less sure about them, as one doesn't look ergonomic at all and the other has one baby on the back, which you can't with newborns anyway, so would have to be down the road.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

We talked about it as hubby wants to carry both babies when out and about but wants both front carried. We looked at the weego but it doesn't look that comfortable and is very expensive ! We will carry one each when out when we can
At home as we have a dog I'll be having a travel cot downstairs rather than using their Moses baskets when I want to be hands free so they will be more secure & the dog can clumsily knock into it! Obviously they won't be left alone with him at anytime but when I'm pottering around the kitchen/back room it's all one room so I'll be able to see at all times X

We had another look at prams at the weekend! Looked at the Baby Jogger again but you have to put the carrycots on top of the seats rather than replace them which looks a bit cumbersome, also looked at the Mountain buggy again but the carrycots for them look so narrow, like cocoons! So we still can’t decide! DH wondered if we could get the carrycots 2nd hand because they only get used for a few months, do they have mattresses in? Is it ok to put a baby in a 2nd hand carrycot? Not sure where we'd find any either!

Last edited:
Oh Blueflower it's tough isn't it ! I'm going with mum tonight to order up the mountain buggy, carry cots are a bit narrow but I'm thinking they'll be dinky when they come & will be ok for a few months. I've also asked a few twin mummies that I know & it seems to have more positives v negatives compared to other buggies. I wasn't keen either on the prams that had the carry cots on top of the seats. X

Hope everyone had a nice bank holiday. I spent most of it sleeping. :-D

Has anyone considered carrying their babies?
I was so set on carrying before finding out there were two. And of course if there are two adults as well, nothing has to change. But I really want to convenience of being able to pop the baby in a sling and have my hands free when at home for example.
I moaned a bit to a friend who's pretty knowledgeable about carrying and she said it's possible to carry two at once. So I googled a bit and am now considering to get a really big shawl and try. Not sure I have the physique for it, but I won't know until I try.
I also found out there are proper carriers with buckles for twins, but less sure about them, as one doesn't look ergonomic at all and the other has one baby on the back, which you can't with newborns anyway, so would have to be down the road.

I personally won't carry as I'm not really built for carrying lol, I tried carrying my son and it crippled me after 20mins, I did it for the food shop, but you can buy slings made for multiples x

We had another look at prams at the weekend! Looked at the Baby Jogger again but you have to put the carrycots on top of the seats rather than replace them which looks a bit cumbersome, also looked at the Mountain buggy again but the carrycots for them look so narrow, like cocoons! So we still can’t decide! DH wondered if we could get the carrycots 2nd hand because they only get used for a few months, do they have mattresses in? Is it ok to put a baby in a 2nd hand carrycot? Not sure where we'd find any either!

Have you had a look on eBay? Or on Facebook, there a lots of pram sell/swap pages on their for different areas X

Last edited:
Oh Blueflower it's tough isn't it ! I'm going with mum tonight to order up the mountain buggy, carry cots are a bit narrow but I'm thinking they'll be dinky when they come & will be ok for a few months. I've also asked a few twin mummies that I know & it seems to have more positives v negatives compared to other buggies. I wasn't keen either on the prams that had the carry cots on top of the seats. X

My boys are classed as good sizes and they are dinky and look lost in their carrycots, so I assume by the time they are old/strong enough to transition to the pushchair part they will probably still be small enough to fit in the carrycot x

We talked about it as hubby wants to carry both babies when out and about but wants both front carried. We looked at the weego but it doesn't look that comfortable and is very expensive ! We will carry one each when out when we can
At home as we have a dog I'll be having a travel cot downstairs rather than using their Moses baskets when I want to be hands free so they will be more secure & the dog can clumsily knock into it! Obviously they won't be left alone with him at anytime but when I'm pottering around the kitchen/back room it's all one room so I'll be able to see at all times X
Yeah, I completely ruled the Weego put, it looks terrible. I've seen ways to carry both on the front with shawls, but I'm unsure if I can do it. However, slings barely lose value, so if I don't like it I can just sell it on. And I'm thinking maybe renting first anyway.
We're definitely going to carry when we're all together though, if for nothing else than when we fly to Sweden. I don't want to carry two babies around airports for hours without a sling. :)
Borrowing an elastic shawl from a friend and probably getting an Ergobaby as well.

Thanks MrsB :) how's twin life going?
I'm sure we are going to be bombarding you with all sorts of questions ha ha !

Have you had a look on eBay? Or on Facebook, there a lots of pram sell/swap pages on their for different areas X

Thanks I've just joined a twins group in my area on Facebook and have posted a request!

Blueflower any news on Kitty?
whats everyone thinking re giving birth? And feeding?
MrsB forgot to say after the c-section what happens with say skin to skin or getting them dressed ? Do the midwives dress them the first time ? X

Yeah, I completely ruled the Weego put, it looks terrible. I've seen ways to carry both on the front with shawls, but I'm unsure if I can do it. However, slings barely lose value, so if I don't like it I can just sell it on. And I'm thinking maybe renting first anyway.
We're definitely going to carry when we're all together though, if for nothing else than when we fly to Sweden. I don't want to carry two babies around airports for hours without a sling. :)
Borrowing an elastic shawl from a friend and probably getting an Ergobaby as well.

Oh I don't blame you for not wanting to carry them around an airport without a sling of some kind x

Well they do offer skin to skin but my blood pressure kept dropping so they were too busy giving me some drug to bring it back up, we were told to take a nappy and hat with us to theatre but we had our bags so when we were in recovery my husband dressed them :)
I wasn't able to dress them as I was unable to move from the spinal block

They are 1 week old today :)

51e4b9c8d15844859a70eb29edb8f129.jpg

Blueflower any news on Kitty?
whats everyone thinking re giving birth? And feeding?
MrsB forgot to say after the c-section what happens with say skin to skin or getting them dressed ? Do the midwives dress them the first time ? X

Nothing still, still hoping she will saunter in or someone will spot her.
Haven't thought that far ahead about birth and feeding! Will try for natural and try breastfeeding, that's as far as I've got.

Mrs B your twins are adorable! Are they identical? Are they in the same pram?

Last edited:
Oh I hope she does come back and full of adventures x

MrsB they are just so adorable !
I think I did always wonder what happens re dressing of the babies, its a strange thing to want to know lol

I think we will be heading for elective section, especially if the placenta doesnt budge, and I am going to try BF/expressing but have everything for FF too am very open to whatever works for us all x

Last edited:
No they aren't identical that we know of, they were separate sacs and placentas

We have the bugaboo pram, they would fit into one carrycot but we haven't done that

They do fit into a Moses basket but there isn't much space left ... We only tend to stick them together for a few minutes to calm each other down if we need to.

Breastfeeding might prove difficult with twins, by all means it is always worth a shot, get yourself a 'v' pillow to support them to do them at the same time though otherwise you will always be feeding x

I think I did always wonder what happens re dressing of the babies, its a strange thing to want to know lol

I think we will be heading for elective section, especially if the placenta doesnt budge, and I am going to try BF/expressing but have everything for FF too am very open to whatever works for us all x

I think it's best not to have your heart set on something. Give things a go but don't get upset if it doesn't work x

I think it's best not to have your heart set on something. Give things a go but don't get upset if it doesn't work x

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking, with two its going to be so different, tbh my sister and friends that have had twins, had all had c-sections & all formula fed so I am very open to what ever works, plus I know hubby really wants to feed too. x

My husband likes feeding, but if you are expressing he can feed that.

Any bottle feeders ... You need the tommee tippee prep machine in your life, it helps so much and saves so much time :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back