Twins chat 2016/17!

Only 5 so exciting :)

I'm a nurse but luckily not on the wards but still on my feet so wonder if I'll need to finish same as you maybe 30 weeks? I don't get annual leave being bank but I have accrued holiday which when I ask for it it'll get paid to me if that makes sense?

Crikey ! That makes sense but that's not long at all Ek :)

MIL bought our Moses baskets for us today are we crazy? We went to have a look at the prams and they were in the sale ex display so thought grab them while they are still there ?

We've also decided on the Mountain buggy :) X

You need to have a good consideration to when you should start, I work in an X-ray department, ideally I should of gone off the week before.

We looked at the mountain buggy but went for the bugaboo instead

These next 5 sleeps can't come quick enough as each day is more difficult, however I'm enjoying the olympics so they can't come just yet lol

And no you are not crazy as if all goes to plan you will go to 38 weeks at the latest ... Which gives you only 18 maximum to get ready and with double to buy on some things you need to be buying things ... Oh are you bottle feeding? I only ask as apparently asda have their baby event coming up and the bottle prep machine usually gets reduced to £60 ... It will be easier to buy online though x

Yeah it's important to have a good think about it isn't it & they are more important to me. Where I work the mat leave policy isn't like NHS so we only get first 6 weeks then statutory so doesn't make a huge difference for the end of the mat leave either

Ah the bugaboo is nice. I think where we walk a lot with the dog the mountain buggy looked a bit tougher wearing plus my mum is going to get it for us so didn't want to go crazy with her budget ;-) lol

I bet you must be really feeling it ! Are they still as wriggly as you get further on? The olympics are fab aren't they :)

That's what I was thinking, I think because it took us so long to get here that I'm still a little nervous every but we always said we would be positive & like you say with double we are trying to get the deals and bargains when they come! Thanks hon I'll keep an eye out for that, hubby bought us the perfect prep machine & the tommee tippee starter kit with steriliser etc as they were both half price the other day. I want to try BF but I know I'll use bottles as well

I think Aldi have their baby event in a few weeks as well X

We had the all terrain iCandy for our son, it was such an amazing pram ... We didn't really get the benefit from the all terrain we hoped for as there isn't anywhere that nearby to take our dogs that required it. Then I had to sell it as it doesn't fit 2 in lol. We split our cost 3 ways for the bugaboo, we got it on offer anyway so got it for £1020 and then after deducting the money from the iCandy we split the cost between ourselves and both sets of parents.

They do wriggle but the movements are slower and more stretching out kind of thing but I suppose they have very little space left now.

I am loving the olympics I even set my alarm at 2am to watch bolt lol

They put grows and vests and everything baby related in the sale even nappies so it is worth a look, we have done a lot of bargain hunting, although luckily we already had one of everything and some family friends have been very generous and donated stuff they don't need anymore in fab conditions. Then my husband decided the other day he wanted to get a buggy board for our son so ended up forking out a small fortune for one of them. But we are doing our house up too so it just feels like we are constantly paying out large amounts of money it's quite depressing lol x

My midwife said it's best to take maternity leave between 30 & 34 weeks for twins.
Had our 20 week scan yesterday so will start to buy stuff soon, my sister has given us a few bits already.
What colour carrycots are you going for with the Mountain Buggy? Now we know it's 2 boys I'm thinking red ones!

Ooh you are having two boys too? Have you a shortlist of names? :) x

Yes when thinking about it more yesterday I'm going to finish at 30 weeks j think X
I like the grey colour or we may just stick with the black, I know it's a little plain but I thought when I know what they are I can brighten up with blankets etc? I love the red version it's really nice X

Ooh ladies the asda baby event has started and a sale at kiddicare (online) so I imagine there will be others X

Ooh you are having two boys too? Have you a shortlist of names? :) x

Not really! I have a few secret ones but don't want DH to poopoo them so will keep them to myself for a bit longer! He takes ages to make decisions & often doesn't like my ideas! have a names book 'off of the 90's' (!) from when I was teaching infants and we did a topic of 'ourselves' but will get a more up to date one! Do you have a shortlist?

to be honest I wouldn't waste your money the books are rubbish.
We like traditional names so are going with Thomas and Robert, we have Liam already. There are a lot of boys in the family so a lot of names that we liked were already taken so we had a struggle finding names. We struggled with Liam's name to at the the time ... Girls names would of been a breeze lol x

We have a Thomas in the family but I like Robert too!

We also have a surname that names just don't go with lol, name picking is so difficult as you want to get it right, we didn't want common names where their entire school year would have the same name or made-up namesake we wanted different initials for them too as my husband and I have the same initials even with middle names and unless post says Mr / Mrs we just get confused lol x

My midwife said it's best to take maternity leave between 30 & 34 weeks for twins.

Interrupting your thread slightly - I only had the one baby inside and when it got to 33 weeks I was totally wiped out (PPGP didn't help I suppose). I imagine twins are harder work, so 34 weeks sounds pretty late to me :)

I don't have pgp but my hips and back went really early on and I ended up with a fembrace and crutches
34 weeks is pretty hardcore to be working pregnant with twins unless you have an office job I suppose x

I do have an office job but my manager isn't expecting me to stay past 30 weeks!

Yes, well they don't have to pay me if I'm not there! She has been very supportive actually, gave me sick leave for all the ivfs even though it went past the maximum. She's never line managed a pregnant employee before!

That is good, not all employees would do that, I know mine would as long as you take in the appointment card or letter to prove it, just think you will have you family soon too after all you have been through x

If anyone wants to chip in their girls names that they don't need, I'd love to hear them! Struggling a bit with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back