Twins chat 2016/17!

Hi girls :) It's so exciting that there will be more twinnies arriving Next week !
I can't believe that Henry & Arthur are nearly 10 days old already!
Saw the midwife today who was happy with their weight gains, Henry is now just above his birth weight & Arthur is just 30g under and he was the smaller one !
Hubbby has been amazing doing all the night feeds with me & we've finally found a teat & bottle that the boys can take from as they were only taking from the mini aptimil ready bottles and now means that they can have a bottle of my expressed milk too ;-)

That is sooo cute! Beautiful photo. How are you finding motherhood? xxxx

I love it! Not going to lie it's scary as hell coming home with these tiny little humans I worry about their first night, watch them all the time and want to wrap them up in a little bubble lol , ! But they are so worth it and love them so much. X

Can anyone tell me if milk comes through slower with a caeserian please?

Can anyone tell me if milk comes through slower with a caeserian please?

I have heard this, but as with everything, everyone probably has different experiences with it. I think it usually takes 3 or so days for milk to come in properly anyway, but colostrum is all they need until then. So I've read anyway xx

Mines been pretty slow even without the c-sect, Just as soon as you feel ready you can hand express as that will help with the good stuff too x

Awww... so sweet! I want to give them both a cuddle!!! xxx

6cbac2de1fa07f4d3feb7a5e3612fda1.jpg

Managed to get both of them smiling at the same time x

Awwww yay smiley babies! They look very content. Blueflower had her babies on Tuesday, she updated on the Jan thread. Me next tomorrow to bring some pink to the thread (unless we get any major surprises)! xx

Last edited:
Haha oh I'm so pleased for her - I assume everything went well?

My boys are 4 months old tomorrow - it's going too fast

And good luck tomorrow although I'm sure you won't need it - they will look after you well as you will be a special case with it being twins x

Yes all went well thanks! Section was traumatic but went well. Babies doing well, Jacob is a brilliant feeder, Robert is better at sleeping so started expressing milk for him and syringe feeding. They are so so cute! Home last night.

Your boys are growing fast Mrs! They look so happy!

Aww fab :) sorry that your section wasn't great, love the name choices :) especially Robert - mainly because I have a Robert lol. Would love to see a pic when you get a rare chance x

We had to take the boys to the hospital to check Robert's weight loss and lethargy and Jacob's jaundice. Luckily all at safe levels due to extra feeds but we are knackered! The consultant took the opportunity to teach the Junior Paediatrician how to do a baby check, they had one twin each so she could show her each bit and she could copy with the other one, it was really sweet!

Aww what was Roberts weight loss? My Robert lost 10oz in the first 5 days x

It was 14% of his birth weight. Jacob's was less than 10% so not so much of a concern. Robert's had gone down to 10.3% when he was weighed yesterday, phew! We need to keep up the formula boost feeds and see what they are on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back