Turners Syndrome

Lulla Bell

Reaction score
I had my results back from the tissue tests on my last MC, Turns out the baby girl had turners syndrome.
Has anyone Had this result and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy , either female or male?
Thanks xx

Sorry to hear this lulla bell.

It's a genetic condition as far as I know, a problem with the chromosomes when they start dividing in early pregnancy. I do t believe you are at increased risk in future pregnancies as a result though.

Did they give you any advice when you were told?

A quick google says that it could explain 10% of all miscarriages - but as most people don't have the tests done they are. Oblivious?

They have said they it shouldn't cause any more issues, Im only asking becuase I've had a few Mc's now but only had one tested.
I wasn't sure if it could be a recurring thing,
It wouldn't bother us having a daughter born with it, We would make do and love her obviously.
Its more concerning as I just don't think I can go though another one again. x

Hi honey, we had 3 mc and 1 tested and our baby boy had Trisomy 22. Turners is a Cromasomal abnormality and unless you have genetic testing (you and your partner) you wont know if you carry specific genes that may cause issues- we had tests and there was nothing so it was just bad luck when cells all devided. Im not sure with Turners if you have risks with next pregnancies but I paid for testing privately in this pregnancy and things seem ok.
Im sorry about this news and your baby but I think its sometimes better to have an answer rather than never knowing.

I have a healthy 2 year old and had 3mc so hang in there. Xxx

I think Juice had a baby with Turners. She also has two other girls who didn't have it. Maybe run a search for her username and her posts.

I'm sorry to hear you had another mc, hugs.

My mother in law had a still born baby girl with this before her youngest was born. A healthy male. She was also a bit older and already had three older children who're now already grown up 2 boys and a girl. She did have tests during her pregnancy with the youngest son to see if there was anything wrong with him after that happened to her with her little girl. Her daughter has three children who don't have it and her sons have four boys who didn't have it either. (The youngest two did have a different dad who could've been carrier)

Just thought I would comment here that once upon a time I was told by my GP I could have Turner syndrome (I'm short & at the time had some undiagnosed neuro/muscular thing which is currently pretty much diagnosed). Just thought I would tell you this because if my GP Thought I could have it then obviously there are children born with this and go on with their life x

Thankyou, that gives me hope if I do ever get pregnant with a turner's baby, xx

There is also a section on Fertility friends for ladies who have turners and are ttc so there are ladies about who are living with it with minimal issues as some never knew they had it until they started ttc (as it usually makes you infertile). However I believe you are not any more likely to have another Turners pregnancy than any other lady, I don't think it is genetic, just chance. Good luck with your new pregnancy, hope this it the one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back