I think I know why we lost Casey!

andreaaa

Reaction score
I had a letter from my Consultant on Saturday. The blood tests they took from me showed up an abnormality - something called Lupus Coagulant was raised. They normally only test for this after 3 concurrent miscarriages or a late loss. It basically means that my blood clots differently - causing blood clots/thrombosis etc. It can mean I have Hughes Syndrome - I'm going back for more tests today to find out.

I have found links with IUGR, small placentas and premature rupture of membranes. All of which we suffered from with Casey's pregnancy.

As we declined a post mortem on Casey I didn't think we would ever find out what really happened to cause this but now we may have found out.

Has anyone else had Lupus anticoagulant after a loss?

hope you are all ok andrea :hug: :hug: :hug:
its good that you may have some answers, will help in future if you decide to try again. And also may help in your mind too knowing a reason behind it.
Take care and i hope you can get the treatment you deserve for when./if you try again
All my love sarah :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Andrea, it's good to hear from you :wave:

I'm glad you've maybe got some answers, it'll help you all move forwards.

Take care of yourself :hug:

I'm sorry I don't know anything about this, I just wanted to say I'm happy that you look to be having some answers. I hope it helps you. :hug:

hi hun its good that you may have some answers :hug: we lost our son Jamie at 34 weeks he was stillborn and we found out afterwards it was due to blood clots blocking the placenta my blood had clotted too much during pregnancy :( i have had all the tests since as they thought i might have a clotting disorder and they cant find anything wrong with my blood at all for some reason it just happens to me while im pregnant :cry:
i went on to have another baby and they treated me with daily clexane injections to thin the blood and i had to take a small dose of aspirin every day and we went on to have a full term healthy baby xxxxxxxx

:hug: thanks girls, it would be a step forward to have some kind of reason as to how this could have happened :cry:

I'm sorry Jamie was taken away through similar circumstances Rach, :( it's horrible to think it could have been prevented if only they had known before. We have both said that ok, it could be prevented in future pregnancies... But that won't bring Casey back :(

:hug: hun nothing will bring casey back but having some reasons can sometimes be a big help its Jamies 2nd birthday this weekend coming and it doesnt get any easier :cry: i think you just learn to cope with the way you feel better so that at least you can function on a daily basis
hun if ever you need a chat please feel free to pm me sometimes talking to someone who has been through something similar can help
here for you if you need me xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Andrea,

I'm really glad to hear that you've got some answers - nothing in this world will ever bring Casey back yet maybe understanding why may help in some small way.

Take care and all the best :hug:

andrea just wanted to give you these :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im glad you have a few answers.

I just feel so sad this has happened...

Please take care...

:cry: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics