turkey help?

foxymum

Reaction score
i am cooking Christman dinner this year for the 1st time ever!!!!
help me please, what is the best turkey to get? theres only 5 of us ( 3 are kids!)
i've been told the crown is the best?
where should i get it from & how long to cook for, some people even cook it Christmas Eve????? :think:

much appreciated help needed :hug:

Im gettin mine at Iceland...

Peel lid off, 2 hours hey presto :D

lozzi said:
Im gettin mine at Iceland...

Peel lid off, 2 hours hey presto :D

what do you mean? a proper turkey that is?!

Most supermarkets do the same at there's...

Some of em you even do from frozen...

I personaly HATE touching raw meat, adn im lazy, them "ready to roast" joints are SOOOO easy :D

I know its dearer, but would you consider getting one from your butcher or a supermarket organic free range one? They taste so much better and the bird has been well treated (as well as they can be for Xmas reared turkeys).

I would definitely recommend this. Your butcher can tell you where the meat came from and how it has been reared.

Valentine Xxx

valentine said:
Your butcher can tell you where the meat came from and how it has been reared.

They can also tell you how to cook it and which bits are best :)

I am going for a fresh organic crown, i cant wait for xmas dinner, its the best meal ever!

ooohh i forgot to say, we are having beef too, does anyone else have two or more meats? we always do, i think its a Christmas thing.

xrachx said:
ooohh i forgot to say, we are having beef too, does anyone else have two or more meats? we always do, i think its a Christmas thing.

my mother used to have to do that...

the washing up?!

*runs*

xrachx said:
lozzi said:
the washing up?!

*runs*
Thank god for Dishwashers!

and them "dishwasher fairies"

In daddys world you dont have to load or unload the dishwasher, it came complete with this dishwasher fairy, that if u just leave ur pots were ever you put them down they get put in the dishwasher...

pfft men :roll:

valentine said:
I know its dearer, but would you consider getting one from your butcher or a supermarket organic free range one? They taste so much better and the bird has been well treated (as well as they can be for Xmas reared turkeys).

I would definitely recommend this. Your butcher can tell you where the meat came from and how it has been reared.

Valentine Xxx

Thats what I usually do, for the same reasons as you mainly, but also it just feels so much more special :D

lozzi said:
xrachx said:
lozzi said:
the washing up?!

*runs*
Thank god for Dishwashers!

and them "dishwasher fairies"

In daddys world you dont have to load or unload the dishwasher, it came complete with this dishwasher fairy, that if u just leave ur pots were ever you put them down they get put in the dishwasher...

pfft men :roll:
do you know what, i thought it was just my lot that did that! sometimes i am lucky, they get the pots in the kitchen but put them on the side literally a couple of inches from it! i always say to "him" are you alergic to it or what cos he cant seem to bring himself to open the door!

At least they make it to the kitchen.

Me dad enjoys eating his tea in front of the TV in the lounge.

SO it literaly gets placed NEXT to him on the settee and thats it.

THe annoying thing is, he goes and gets a drink before he goes to bed, so he could fooking just slot the plate into the machine NEXT to the sink and cordial :wall: :roll:

bah humbug - we don't have a dishwasker. I have to do it all myself by bloody hand.

thanks for the tips girls, can you get an organic crown from any supermarket then or do i have to order one & will it be fresh/frozen?
sorry but i realyyhave never cooked Christmas dinner before :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back