Four Breasts... Ideas??

CoreysMummy

Reaction score
I have 4 turkey breasts that I need to cook tonight, what shall I do with them? :lol:

I will freeze the other half of it for consumption later - oh, urrr, providing I can do that with Turkey???

Any budding chef's out there have any ideas? Stews? Bakes? Other things :doh: !!?

If I cant freeze it, how long will it stay in the fridge? Oooh, also, mabey I could serve whatever it is with potatoes 1st then rice ina few days etc? So as OH things its something else :rotfl:

Im not a great cooker... but I need to learn. Any help welcome! :)

I LOVE turkey curry. But then i have a bad curry craving at the mo so I think I would eat curried anything at the mo..

If your being healthy stir fry turkey is lovely too. I marinade the turkey in some plum or hoisin sauce first and the flavour is delicious.

otherwise just bung it in a big pan with potatoes, carrots, onions and some chicken stock and made a big stew...

LOL at the title! And how weird am I that I clicked on it! :rotfl:

How about:

Fajitas/tacos -Cut the turkey into strips, fry with sliced onion and peppers, add spices if wanted (we buy the fajita mix one). Then serve with flour tortilla wraps, sour cream, guacamole etc.

Pasta bake - fry strips of turkey and veg, put in a tinned tomatoes, stock cube, seasoning, pour over pasta in an ovenproof dish, top with grated cheese and cook for 15-20 mins.

Lasagne - as above but layer in a lasagne

Pasta sauce - as above but with spaghetti or pasta.

Curry - cut into strips, fry, add veg, add a jar of curry sauce

You should be able to freeze half of whatever you make - I usually do.

If I bung loads of it in a pan, like carrots, cellery, potatoes and the meet, do I need to cook any of it before hand?

Or just bang it in a pot, and stick in the oven for an hour?

Also, if the meet was frozen, defrosted, cooked. Can it be re-frozen!?

(I thought the tittle the best way to get people to look at what really is a BORING thread about my inability to cook, and use commonsence!!)

to be honest i just cook it in the pan on the stove. Bung in all the ingredients and loads of seasoning, cover with water and stick it on, bring to the boil then reduce the heat right down low and leave it simmering for an hour or so.

If it is a bit thin add a bit of corn flour and there you go!

I only stick in the oven if im gonna be out and put it on timer.

As for freezing, as long as you cook the meat your fine to freeze it afterwards.

:D Thank you... I went out and bought a casserole dish, but I think i'll go with your idea about doing it on the stove!! Its gonna take me ages pealing all these vegies, and potatoes lol...

Still, I wont have to do it next time if I freeze it!

Thanks Jen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back