tummy too toned for Midwife to feel the baby!!

ceris

Reaction score
had a midwife app today, and so far everything is brill with baby. I have been worried that i am too small as everyone keeps telling me (i dont look pregnant from the back, and have a small bump on the front)
I got up on the bed so that the MW could feel the baby, but she said my tummy muscles are so toned she cant feel her!!??
She said it is not a bad thing, but when i asked about pregnancy exercise classes she said that she didnt think i needed to go??
Baby is moving around so much these last few days and kicking away which is such a wonderful and weird sensation, and i dont want to do anything to hurt her, but i would still like to keep up my fitness (obviously the flat stomach and six pack is now gone)... I quite like the fact that nobody at my new work knows i am pregnant yet, and cant tell with my chef whites on! Do love my little bump though!!
xxx

You lucky devil! Shows that being fit and healthy pays off. When I have a down bump day (because I'm still tiny!) I just think that HOPEFULLY I will stay that way until the last month, so I don't have to feel too much of a heffer for too long lol

Ha ha I don't think I'll have that problem I don't think I have tummy muscles he he!

Ha ha I don't think I'll have that problem I don't think I have tummy muscles he he!

And another one to join the floppy tummy brigade! My MW certainly has no reason to complain about my tummy muscles being too toned... :eh:

I am so jealous! Its been a very long time since my stomach has had any muscles! Lol x x x

Wish I was that toned! Sometimes I feel tiny for twins at 16 weeks other days I catch a glimpse n really see it! Think it's coz we look at it every day? Did anyone feel at 16 weeks ish that bump is smaller first thing inthe morning? Unless I'm imagining it? X

my bump is always smaller in the mornings :)

That's reassuring! Sometimes feel it gets bigger and bigger as day goes on and done clothes make it more/less obvious! Sure it will grow huge n I won't remember this! X

Its funny.. take a morning pic and an evening pic its amazing the difference lol!

Same here! In the mornings I don't look particularly pregnant at all, just fat, by the evening I could be mistaken for 6 months gone. Doesn't really seem to depend on how much I eat, either, which I think is rather weird...

Ha ha ha it's years since I had a toned tummy - determined to get back to the old me once the twinnies are born though............

Yeah, I had the same problem......except with me it was all the fat in the way rather than any type of muscle :D

Amazing ceris, oh to be that fit ever!! What a compliment from the MW :)

Same here! In the mornings I don't look particularly pregnant at all, just fat, by the evening I could be mistaken for 6 months gone. Doesn't really seem to depend on how much I eat, either, which I think is rather weird...

Exactly!! I could understand if I was bloated from eating but I've been ill recently and not been able to eat much.. So it's strange!

i was like that after my second baby, my MW couldnt believe id already had one, there is only 12 months between my 2 as well.

this time though i think she will feel baby lol ive put weight on since my 20's although im still not looking pregnant x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back