Tummy Time question

Noor~ul~Usman

Reaction score
Well I didn't think you could do tummy time until they were about a month old or so but on the bounty forum I've seen that people start at any and every age, from 1day to a few weeks :think:

Farooq is very active and alert and so I decided yesterday to start tummy time and did a quick 30sec session on the play mat. He pretty much just sort of floundered around :lol: although he did lift his head very slightly. He's not been on his tummy since skin to skin during our 'bonding time' the first day in hospital :roll: ...

Well I tried him again today for another 30secs and he wasn't moving his head but he was pushing with his arms and legs in what looked more like a crawling attempt :rotfl:

I know his neck muscles are strengthening up because when you try and burp he lifts it up for several seconds and even tries leaning backwards to look past you etc :lol: But lifting it upwards from a lying flat position seems to be a different story.

How do you guys go about it???
And is it normal for him to be trying to use his legs and arms instead of his head at first? :roll:

I Plonk Logan down on a comfortable floor surface with something to look at. HV told me to try and get some time every hour.

The more you do the quicker you will achieve some milestones and if he has reflux will make him more comfortable.

His crab like crawling movements seem pretty normal and you can start at any age.

Sandi

Finlay is on his tummy most of the time - he sleeps on his front :lol:

He loved tummy time - not so much now as he can roll over and eat his feet.

Put your LO on their tummy as often as they are comfortable :D Some babies don't like it at all so don't push it

I've been putting Connie on her front from 2 weeks when HV told us we should be. She used to do some sort of commando shuffle on her front to begin with then quickly learnt to hold her head up. She can now roll over from front to back so if she's not in the mood she flips herself over :roll: .

We have been doing it from about a week old, just a few minutes about 3 times a day. At first Eden hated it and just screamed the place down, but mainly because her face was in the floor iykwim?! :wall: But the more you do it, the quicker they will learn to lift their head, and now Eden has been holding her head up for a few weeks and is a little more content on her tummy. She kicks like mad and turns around a lot but not yet learnt to roll over or anything - she generally lies and sucks her fists! lol :lol:

india loves tummy time. if she's awake, she's probably on her tummy. its a great way to play on the floor with her and get her looking around too. we've done it since birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back