Tummy time

Joy and Ben

Reaction score
Ben hates being on his tummy. When we put him on his tummy he'll raise his head up for a very short while and then cry. He then jyst buries his head in the carpet/mat and grizzles until we roll him back over. Anyone had similar problems or got any ideas how we can make it more enjoyable for him?
Thanks

Thomas hated being on his tummy as well, he would face plant onto the carpet, but when he started rolling he got used to it practising holding his head up, although he did get quite cross after a short while, in the last week though he has mastered rolling back so he now just spends time on his tummy then just rolls back when he has had enough, although if he is tired he cries because he can't be bothered to do it himself!! I put toys within his reach when he is on his tummy and that keeps him entertained, I haven't really got any advice, I think it is all about practice! :hug:

Aww bless him!

I saw this the other day and thought it was quite interesting! He might enjoy tummy time better if his face isn't directly on the floor if you know what I mean?
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/B ... ats/401374

I wish I saw these a few months ago as Brody never really liked it either! He loves being on his tummy now though so don't worry Ben could change his mind soon! :D

you could use a towel to elevate him either folding it up and putting it under his tummy or rolling it and putting it under his chest with his arms out front as if he is about to have a massage, or try a cushion?

i used to put a small cushion under D and as he is such a lazy boy the effort of not having to support himself made him much more relaxed.

D now he rolls over is much happier on tummy..if he sees me he cries to be rolled back but if he thinks i am not around does it by himself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back