tummy time and hello again

annaespana1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've not been on the site for a while now as i've been getting used to mother-hood, running around like a headless chicken and my Dad passed away 2 weeks after my wee boy was born. So hello to everyone :wave:

My question is my wee boy is 8 weeks old now and he hates tummy time- he struggles the whole time and then starts screaming after 30secs. It says in my 'bible' that he should be lifting his head for a few mins whilst on his tummy and it's important as this is how they learn to crawl (eventually).
any comments or advice would be great :hug:

if he doesnt like it wait a little bit all babys are different, and do things at different rates. :)

my LO hated it too then when she started rolling she always rolls onto her front to have a good luck around! I would't worry as i was worried she wouldn't crawl etc. Maybe just try very short spells of it until LO likes it more :)

nikkif said:
my LO hated it too then when she started rolling she always rolls onto her front to have a good luck around! I would't worry as i was worried she wouldn't crawl etc. Maybe just try very short spells of it until LO likes it more :)

Ryan was the same, he hated it at first and just kept flopping his head back down. Once he started rolling over he enjoyed it more, he's 8 months now and is just about crawling. Don't worry :)

i think i tried it once, but melissa wasnt impressed to i never did it :oops:
however when she was 2 months old she rolled onto her tummy for the first time, and soon whenever i put her on her back she'd roll straight over and push up her head and shoulders like a cobra yoga postition! she still favours it now i have to wrestle with her when im changing her nappy lol! as for crawling, altho she hasnt really crawled yet (unless about 50cm after much effort counts?!) shes been giving it a good go since 3 or 4 months! so in my experience, just let them do it when theyre ready, me not doing tummy-time didnt do my baby any harm. :)
:hug:

First things first :hug: Sorry to hear about your Dad. It must be really hard for you :hug:

I don't have any advice, but just reading to pick up any tips for myself. Ruby hates being on her tummy. They'll get there eventually I'm sure :)

Finn hates tummy time too - I'm just hoping that he wont object so much when he can hold his head steadier in a month or so time.

Sorry to hear about your dad :hug: :hug:

We put a pillow on the floor, and then put Tims front half on the pillow with his knees on the floor...

He loves it, mainly cos he isn't hitting his head on the floor anymore, and he has even started playing peekaboo if I lay on the floor with him!!!

might be worth a go, even if you only try once... Oh, and we lay a muslin square over the pillow to catch the dribbles!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back