TTC tips

Cori

Reaction score
I saw this on another forum:

"We should enjoy sex - Studies show that when women orgasm, it creates an alkaline state in the vagina that sperm prefer over the normal acid conditions. If you have an orgasm at the same time or shortly after your partner ejaculates, it increases the opportunity for sperm to survive the trip to the cervix.

Robitussin has an active ingredient known as guaifenesin that has been shown to have thinning effect on cervical mucus. This can be helpful to women who have abnormal ovulation, but not for women whose ovulation is on schedule.

Cut back on dairy products. A sugar found in milk known as galactose has been proven harmful to function of ovaries. Some women do not have normal amounts of the enzyme needed to break up galactose causing it to build up to dangerous levels in the body. It is recommended that you skip milk, ice cream, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Other foods that offer calcium are green leafy vegetables, beans, enriched flour, and fortified juices. If necessary, calcium supplements may be added.

Make love in the early morning or afternoon. Sperm levels are often highest in the mornings."

I never knew that about milk, yoghurt and ice cream! I was eating 3 yoghurts a day to give myself enough calcium and eat cheese nearly everyday!

The other problem with dairy is that it tends to be full of the synthetic hormones they pump into the cows to make them produce more milk and it can override your natural hormones if you have too much of it and throw off your cycles. It's especially harmful for people with PCOS like me.

Thx for posting this. :)

Would you recommend I avoid yoghurts and cheese and take a calcium supplement?

I'd recommend avoiding ALL milk products, and just eat more broccoli - it has just as much calcium as milk! :D

Ok :) I eat brocoli about twice a week, but is it safe to take a regular calcium tablet from Holland and Barrett, or does it have to be one especially for pregnancy? I doubt I will get enough calcium from what I eat, I'm so fussy.

thx cori for posting.

some good info there!! :hug:

Do you know we never BD AM its usually late at night. Need to change that!!!

Us too lily, apart from yesterday when we BDd at 4pm. I might start trying different times too.

I wonder why their sperm count is higher in the morning? Is it because they've been asleep all night? If so, that wouldn't work out if your OH worked nights, would it. Mine doesn't, but for those who did I mean.

Also, if your OH was doing a home sperm count test, would he be better doing it in the morning/afternoon rather than the evening? Or wouldn't it make much difference to the results?

Oh girls :(
I've read that to help sway for a girl you should eat lots of yogs and drink lots of milk. I've made sure the last 2 months that I've had at least 4 yogs a day and 2 pints of milk :( I've put on weight and my cycles have gone mental, is it the milk and yogs then :( I'm now depressed to think that I haven't ov'd this month or last month (i think) and it could be because I'm trying to sway for a girl. Just getting pg would be good :cry: Feel dreadful now :cry:

melissa5317 said:
I'd recommend avoiding ALL milk products, and just eat more broccoli - it has just as much calcium as milk! :D

You know somthing when i drink milk it makes my stomich swell up like i am 3mths pregnant
and feel full and my stomich feels heavy and when i have been pg in the past i drunk
milk for the calcium and my stomich swells up so much i honestly look 6mths instead
of 6wks its crazy!! I have not drunk milk except in my cups of tea because of this reason
Wonder why it makes me like that ?

Thats crazy sperm being the best in the morning times :lol:
Most people if not all bed at night time because they are at work of day :lol:

xx

Waiting4amiracle said:
You know somthing when i drink milk it makes my stomich swell up like i am 3mths pregnant
and feel full and my stomich feels heavy and when i have been pg in the past i drunk
milk for the calcium and my stomich swells up so much i honestly look 6mths instead
of 6wks its crazy!! I have not drunk milk except in my cups of tea because of this reason

xx

Most people have a degree of intolerance to milk products b/c the pasteurisation process takes most of the nutrients and lactase out of milk; unfortunately, we need lactase in order to properly process milk in our system. Raw milk products don't pose this problem, but I don't know if you can get that in this country.

thanks for that! i have loads of milk and cheese :(

Donna's here said:
I've read that to help sway for a girl you should eat lots of yogs and drink lots of milk. I've made sure the last 2 months that I've had at least 4 yogs a day and 2 pints of milk :( I've put on weight and my cycles have gone mental, is it the milk and yogs then :( I'm now depressed to think that I haven't ov'd this month or last month (i think) and it could be because I'm trying to sway for a girl. Just getting pg would be good :cry: Feel dreadful now :cry:

Oh no :hug:

Waiting4amiracle said:
melissa5317 said:

Thats crazy sperm being the best in the morning times :lol:
Most people if not all bed at night time because they are at work of day :lol:

xx

Milk always does that to me too. I can't drink it, only in tea or coffee, but I only have 2 cups a day. I'm ok with yoghurts and ice cream though, but I will be cutting down on those now too. I'll only have one Activia a day for the good bacteria, along with a Yakult.

Donna's here said:

Aww man, hon; it wouldn't surprise me if that's the reason you're having some trouble. The reason that you were probably told that is for the calcium content. There are lots of other foods high in calcium, tho. Any green leafy vegetables will have it (broccoli, kale, spinach), sesame seeds have loads (you can get them ground up in what's called tahini), oranges, chickpeas are all great for calcium and they'll keep you from having that bloated feeling and sour milk farts. :lol: Please don't feel so bad; I hate it when you're sad! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh yeah, and avoid caffeine and salty foods b/c both of those things can keep your body from properly absorbing calcium.

What about green beans?

Does bread and cereal have much calcium? I know white bread has more than brown bread.

So if I start taking a calcium tablet now, I've got more chance of having a girl? :think:

White bread only has more because most of that crap is fortified, which means after they've stripped out all the nutrients they attempt to put some back in. Don't be fooled, tho - they don't put them in in a way that your body can take advantage of them, so it's completely useless! Wholemeal will have more natural calcium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back