TTC blues

Sparklegirl - I agree with above, due to your age and family history they should be helping you now, not just sending you away until you lose weight. Also, if they believe losing weight is that important for you, they should offer help with this. I often see posters around doctors surgeries telling people if they want to lose weight they can get help and advice and discuss any treatments with a doctor. So have they offered to help with this? I really would get another opinion.

I think a chat with your mum is in order. She should empathise with your situation and hopefully stop telling people intimate details of your personal life if you explain to her how you feel. I don't know what your relationship is like and i'm one to say 'talk about feelings'! But it sounds like this needs to be nipped in the bud before it goes any further.

Lots of hugs to you xx

My family history is even worse than that, my mum had cancer of the lining of the womb and we share a lot of symptoms. I cannot get them to take me seriously- its not as if I am convinced its cancer or anything but I am concerned that I have a very strong family history of it and no genetic testing has been offered or tests in general. I know my periods are severe and need attention but its so hard when nobody will care enough to help me. I think I might have to ask for a second opinion, I dont care for being ignored for a year. With some luck I might not be given a trainee who thought that he was digging the roads when he was 'examining' me. The consultant had to tell him to be more gentle, that didnt happen!

Nothing was offered to me, with such a high BMI I am shocked that they are nto offering me any help or anything- if I were slim I wonder what they would be advising, what medical intervention would be offered- why do they care less about my fertility or general gynae health just because I am overweight? It is terribly unfair, I know its bad for me which is why I am doing things about it but I dont smoke or take drugs, very very rarely drink (even when I do its very little) so my only real co-morbidity is my weight and blood pressure which also is being sorely neglected. One reading was 200/96...

Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back