Jacq's TTC Journey

Jacq23

Reaction score
So, it turns out from my blood tests and scans that, contrary to the doctor's receptionists interpretation :strangle: my hormone levels are not normal, and I am not ovulating.

In summary, I came off the pill in May, had a withdrawal bleed and then 35 days later had what I thought was a normal period, but then nothing for nearly 90 days when I had a light period and now I am on CD 40 again. I have PCOS which was reconfirmed at my scan.

I had been using OPKs which seem to have thrown up false positives all over the place for me, so now I know they are a waste of time, money and emotions.

The doctor has now referred me to a gynaecologist, assuming that the next step will be clomiphene. My doctor cannot prescribe that drug and says I will need counselling through it and of course there's the risks of multiples :shock: So now I am :clock:for that appointment.

I'm not that surprised to be honest, and I guess my DS coming along so quickly must have been nigh on a miracle. I'm just a bit gutted that we might not manage a summer baby now. Oh well I've been reading about clomiphene and success rates seem to be pretty high: lots of success in the first 1-3 months so a big FX for a speedy appointment and some eggs that are willing to travel before Christmas!

Hope your appointment comes through soon and you get your BFP x

Hey, hope your appointment comes through quickly! Im currently in the same non ovulation boat as you! Also got a peak on my cbfm so now know that it lies too. I dont have pcos or anything though.This is my first cycle of clomid too and it didnt work. If you fancy joining us in lttc theres lots of help and advice about fertility stuff.

Good Luck! Xxx

Good luck with it all. It is so bizarre when u think something about your body and it turns out to be the opposite. Wishing u all the luck in world trying for no2 xx

Hope you get ur appointment soon hun and ur bfp even sooner :) xx

Thanks everyone for your supportive wishes.

I received my NHS 'choose and book' appointment letter yesterday and went for the hospital which had the shortest wait - only 8 days, can you believe it?! So next Thursday I'm off to see the consultant and I hope to be walking out with a prescription for clomiphene. Bring on the evil drugs!!

The hospital I chose was actually the only one down on the list as 'Menstrual Disorders' rather than just Gynaecology. Fingers crossed they are not going to fob me off with 'Oh wait 6 months and your periods will come back' as I went through that for a couple of years in another NHS trust. My thinking is that they will have my blood results that show low hormones, my scan that shows all is fine and the evidence of a child having been carried full term, so please just take me to the next step, don't put me through more tests and examinations to find out what you already know :wall2:

Hiya, yay to getting a appointment so soon, bring on the clomid ;) hope it works for you hun ( fingers crossed ) come join us in the Lttc, xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back