Absolutely gutted...

Titch85

Reaction score
My cousin has just announced she's expecting, I am absolutely gutted.

It'll be the first great-grandchild and I really, really wanted it to be the first to have babies. My other half doesn't understand why I am so upset. I know it's not a competition but I didn't go to uni, I haven't got engaged or married, haven't bought a house only renting and I've always felt like a bit of a disappointment to my family. I really wanted the excitement of being the first one in the family to have a baby. And I am so jealous that she's pregnant and I am not.

I could just cry.

Sweetie,

My sister (who is 8 years younger than me) was the first one to give my parents a granchild.

To begin with it felt "wrong" - surely I should be having the first grandchild??

However I soon realised that it didn't matter who had the first grandchild, they'll all be loved just the same.

My sister now has another baby and my brother [2 years younger than me] also had a baby before me!!

BUT it doesn't matter, I am so proud of all my beautiful little nephews.

In time you'll feel the same way - a new baby in the family is wonderful news !!

xxxxxxxxx

I'm sorry its really upset u, unfortuntely men dont understand things like this.

I'm sure your family don't see you as a disappointment, just because you never went to uni etc. It will happen for u soon, try & keep your chin up.

xx

It is really hard, like Nat my sis who is 4yrs younger than me has two little girls. I found it really difficult to accept at first but when I told my Mum we were ttc she was over the moon I was like u already have two grandchildren n she said yes but not from you! She is really excited xx it will happen hun xx

Babydust to all

sorry u feel like this but I am sure u r far frm a dissapointment xx

I know soooooooooo how you feel, something similar happened to me before we got pregnant, I was devastated and hubby got really mad with me didn't understand at all. But that particular child is now a horrible brat haha and my little bundle is the favorite, I know that's a silly indulgent thing to say but when it's your turn, it really won't mattere chicken, but I do k ow how heart wrenching that feeling is. Your time will come sweetie and it will be all the better for the wait x x

Hi, I know just how you feel and many (if not all) the ladies here have at one stage or another felt the same!

It is so hard someone close or not close well just anyone really says they are pregnant you feel like utter rubbish! Since I have been trying people have not only announced but they have gone on and had their bundles of joy it makes me want to cry a lot.

My oh did not understand to start with but things are beginning to get to him now!

Big hugs to you xx

I felt the exact same when davids brothers new girlfriend had a baby after they had been together 2 years and me and david were together 5 I was like hang on a minute your just here and your pregnant?

I understand because I am the first grand child and I know how the first grand child in my boyfriends fam get spoiled.. I think though either the oldest or the baby gets spoiled lolol. xxxx

I'm sorry this is bringing you down...just because you haven't done the things that society thinks are expected I'm sure you are just as intelligent as those that have gone to a uni....I'm 32, divorced(remarried), renting(not a home owner) and still in college(one class a semester) so don't feel bad, life doesn't always happen the way we expect it to...so chin up my dear heart and much baby dust to you!

Last edited:
It's hard isn't it? I'm pretty sure your family don't think of you as a disappointment. And when you do have a baby they will love it just as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back