TTC being delayed

Bexter

Reaction score
Hi,

Well last night me and DH had a big discussion and basically the miscariage has really affected him.
He admitted that if we did get pg again so soon, and had another miscarriage he would just be devestated again, and he doesn't know if he can go through all that right now.
Also, i think he realised that he just isn't quite ready to be a father yet.

To be honest, this is fine and i'm not that shocked, he had seemed really quiet since the mc. I am quite happy to go with the flow at the moment.

We had agreed that we will start ttc next year, but i'm not going back onto the pill so if it happens before then, then so be it - it'll be fate.

I won't be leaving the forum but i won't be posting as much either, will mainly be a lurker!

Baby dust to all! :hug:

Love Bexter xx

I think it's great that you both decided this together rather than keeping on TTC and worrying about each other.
Good luck - and as for the not trying - you know thats when the BFP fairy tends to sneak in :D
:hug:

its always better to talk these things thru, i would av done the same thing if i had m/c (touch wood) it gives your body time to recover. good luck for the future :D

Sounds like a really healthy desicion Bex. You are absolutely right to put your relationship first. Sounds like you are going to be great parents some day.

Stay in touch xx

Glad it was a joint decision and glad you both feel this is the right thing to do. Hopefully see you soon x :hug:

Becs said:
Sounds like a really healthy desicion Bex. You are absolutely right to put your relationship first. Sounds like you are going to be great parents some day.

Stay in touch xx

Awww thanks Becs :hug:

And don't worry, i will be checking in regularly for your bfp!

Its really good that you have come to this decision together. It causes so many problems when one partner wants to go ahead and the other doesn't. You might find you just fall pregant without meaning too. Lots of babydust for next year :hug:

hi hun its really good that you talked this through. after my m/c we decided to start ttc again but we werent doing anything special apart from not using contraception and just bding when we felt like it. oh was the same as yours he was worried about another miscarriage and the effect on our relationship, we conceived on a month when we only had sex twice and when he found out he sed that he was glad it had happened naturally cus then he didnt feel like we were tryin to replace the baby we had lost. this happended about 4 months after my m/c. we both always say it was fate because if we hadnt m/c and conceived again when we did then we wouldnt have our beautiful little girl and i cant imagine life without her.

xxxxx

:hug: Thanks very much kim, your story is very inspirational and has given me a lot of hope. :hug:

Bex, thats great that you have both talked and come to the same decision, can put a lot of stress on a relationship otherwise.

One day it will happen again but you wont have the worrying/stresses in the meantime, lke the pp said, its more likely to happen when you're not trying.

All the best but dont forget to pop back on now and then and let us know how you are

take care hun

:hug:

i think its great that you sat down and spoke about it, people dont nseem to realise how the fathers are affected by m/c
I wish you both the best of luck trying to concieve next year and your oh is in a better state of mind.

Youl both make great parents one day.x :D :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back