Depo-Provera

Amy81

Reaction score
Hi,

I had the Depo-Provera injection last October but didnt continue with it as we decided to have another baby. My periods have returned but my cycle is all over the place so have been BD at evry opportunity.

Has anyone had the injection as, how long can it still be in your system for and how long did it take you to concieve?

Thanks

didn't want to read and run i was on the pill so can't help but hope you get a bfp soon xx

Hi Amy, I was on this, and wouldn't recomend it to anyone that has not yet had their family now

My first was unplanned while on the pill, and I didn't want to risk taking anything late again so I went on Depo. Then after 4x 3 mth lasting jabs and 12 mths later it then took 10 mths to fall pregnant again!

You only had one so thats great, and everyone reacts differently and if your periods are back then that's good.

Perhaps you can try ovulation sticks (cheepys from ebay) to help you while your cycle is all over the place to pin point OV , good luck X

Last edited:
I was on it for about 5 years, I think the thought is that it doesn't really matter how long you were on it for it can still take a while to get out of your system. I concieved no. 1 18 months after my last injection, and I think that was the first time I ovulated. It may be worth seeing if you can persuade urGP to do day 5 & 21 progesterone levels :flower:

Hi hon,
I was on depo years ago and took me 13 months to have an AF after coming off it - think it is one that can linger a while from what I read at the time xxx

I ttok Agnus Castus tablets for a couple of months after I stopped Depo Provera - they got my cycle back pronto. There are loads of testimonials about this relating to regulating your cycle and also for fertility in general. I would recommend them :)

Last edited:
do you know if you can you take the agnus castus along with the pregnacare conception tablets?

Hi I was on the depo for 2 years on and off and had my last injection in February last year. When i didnt have my injection in May i bled for 2 weeks straight and didnt have another AF for two months. In August I had 2 really painful AFs. But after that it seems to have calmed down and I am ov normally now. I still havent conceived but i have read that it can take 6 months to a year for it to be completely out of your system.

I would def recommend the IC ov tests and perhaps with your GP/nurse agbout what options are available to you to reguate your cycle.

Best of luck xx

Hi, I was on depo for 6 years. I stopped using it 2 years ago when I got engaged and switched to condoms until my wedding. That was 18 months ago and we're still trying for our first. I really really hope depo hasnt affected my/your ability to have kids! On the plus side my periods went completely back to normal almost instantly when i came off it. But I was always regular before it. How regular were you before you went on it?
Clem x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back