trying to suck his thumb

winnie89

Reaction score
for the last three days harry keeps trying to suck his thumb and on a few occasions has managed to get his thumb in his mouth and suck away, i dont really want him to suck his thumb as he already had a dummy to go to sleep with, so out comes his thumb and in goes the dummy, should i just let him get on with it or keep perserverring with the dummy?

any one else got a thumb sucker?

My Harry occasionally sucks his thumb or hand!!

But I haven't given him a dummy because i kinda think his hands are his pacifier. I don't think you could really stop him doing it? Bit I may be wrong?

It's also a bit of part of them discovering their body and trying stuff out.

max has started sucking on his hands i think his thumb has gone in a couple of times. i hope not though id prefer him to stick to the dummy cause i think thumb sucking can make their teeth grow funny, could be wrong though.

xxx

thanks ladies i know having his hands in his mouth are his way of discovering his body but after seeing what thumb sucking can do i'd rather not having him do it my sister in law sucks her thumb (at the age of 20) and her front 4 teeth top and bottom havent grown to the same height as the rest of her teeth so she's got a little gap in her teeth from her thumb constantly being in her mouth

Last edited:
G did this for a wee while. I kept taking it out and giving her the dummy, as i didnt want a thumb sucker as my neice has teeth problems. now she's a bit older she's chewing her hands especially when her teeth bother her and I don't mind that. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

I wouldn't mind if josh sucked his thumb. But seems to suck his hands instead. He also has a dummy.

I'm still a thumb sucker at 25 years old and my teeth are fine. :) 1 in 10 adults still suck there thumbs. :shock:

I was also a the sucker and my teeth are fine!!

My LO has sucked him thumb every time hes tired/asleep since about 5 months, he even got sores on it at one point and we tried gloves and loads of things but nothing stopped him lol! x

G tried to suck his thumb a few times, I just gently pulled it out of his mouth and distracted him with smth else. I don't want this to become a habit!

I sucked my thumb and my teeth are fine, my Isla is a finger sucker and I'm ok with it as she never had a dummy. At night she finds her fingers with no trouble,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338273944.847954.jpg

max has started sucking on his hands i think his thumb has gone in a couple of times. i hope not though id prefer him to stick to the dummy cause i think thumb sucking can make their teeth grow funny, could be wrong though.

xxx

Alfie was the opposite, he had a dummy and although he teeth didn't actually grow funny, he has got a massive overbite where he used the dummy! He now cannot pronounce some words without sounding goofy!! Suppose you cant win really xx

Tyler is a hand boy but the thumb sometimes slips in. I think it's all exploration and partly teething so i'm not bothered.

Emily sticks her hands / fists in her mouth, but not her thumb anymore than the other digits. She doesn't have a dummy either. Not sure which I'd rather to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back