i know this has been done before but...

niknaks

Reaction score
Thumb vs. Dummy? So confused Now. Leandro is a serious thumb sucker but read in an article that upto the age of 1 it can affect the babies jaw and recommended dummy. But we tried a dummy yesterday and he was just licking it. wasnt interested at all. Don't know what to do and if I should carry on letting hik suck his thumb

Not that much help but I hear you with the dummy. Josh just doesnt get it at all. Never has done he either spits it out or opens his whole mouth as if its a bottle

Neither. He has his fist but is not thar interested in using it as a soother and he spits his dummy out, I only use it in the car and hold it on if he's roaring.

G tries to get her fist in, but I was aliment she wasn't getting her thumb, cos my neice at 3 is pushing her teeth really out of line. Plus IMO a dummy can be lost/binned/ sent to Santa etc, a thumb I imagine could be harder to wean off.

G didn't like the TT orthodontic dummies, but is happy with the avent ones. Some kids will only take the old fashioned cherry style. Xxx

Jack has used Avent dummies from 3 days old. He loves a dummy, he has 3 in bed with him! 1 to suck & 2 to hold as well as having his muzzy to cuddle! I'm very strict with them though, he has them for bed/naps, if he's poorly and when he's starting to get grumpy and tired but it's nt quite bed/nap time, thats it.

I don't think there's alot you can do if you have a thumb sucker is there? I sucked my thumb until I was about 6 as did my best friend (until she was 25!) I had buck teeth but I also had dummies too (I was greedy lol) where as she has lovely straight teeth. Sorry I can't be on more help x

yeah i heard dummy was better than hands and fingers

we gave one from day 1 but discovered that she would lick or spit out the tommee tippee ones and loved the fatter avent ones so mabe try a different shape one

i am in 2 minds - at first i was adament about not giving a dummy but my lo is a finger sucker (so cute) and now am a bit worried about her teeth, she only does it to go to sleep so guess she is not too bad.

Harrison loves to suck anything at the moment but he keeps on scratching himself with his hands so we are sneaking the dummy in but he does love it to get to sleep!! He never has it at any time other than when he sleeps tho!!
xxx

Sophie is a finger sucker. I've tried her with all sorts of dummy's and she won't keep any of them in.

I only ever use a dummy if we are out in asda or when we have to go to the doctors or hospital.

Leandro Sucks his thumb when he's tired or bored. But I've realised If he's playing Then he's not bothered. So I'm hoping when he interacts more with his toys hell forget his thumb xx

Alice hated the tommiee tippee dummies and will only take the cherry type that we found in the pound shop because most places stopped selling them! I personally dont like seeing thumb suckers when there older because my friends 7 year old still does it and she is not cute, i just look and think 'have you washed your hands?' I like that you can take the dummy away at a reasonable age but you cant take away the thumb! She loves a dummy and her nunu now :)

Any tips on how to stop him If he won't Take a dummy? Xxx

Tbh, if he really won't take a dummy, I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. Usual tricks for stopping are the horrible tasting stuff.

I'd aim for distracting him at his age. Xxx

I honestly don't hun maybe its every baby to what it likes i just know if i had the choice i would give a dummy, maybe try the cherry ones that are more thumb shaped? i know i spent loads on those good for her teeth and she hates them! xx

Ella started sucking her thumb and everytime she did it i pulled it out and put a dummy in, she was doing it everyday before where as now its only every now and again so hopefully its not a habit its just something to put in her mouth, also she wasnt really sucking it she was chomping on it

Have u tried a cherry dummy? Will isn't very interested on dummies but will take one sometimes. I have to admit I hate the idea of a thumb sucker but the past 4 or 5 days it's like he's found his thumb :oooo: I krrpntskimg it out and putting in a dummy. All of OHs family were thumb suckers til their late teens!! Xx

I failed with the dummies so was hoping for the thumb but no, he doesnt want it either. Mummy is his dummy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back