trying to be realistic - question re 34 - 35 week old..

mum2A&L

Reaction score
A few comments have been made by mw's and doctors the last two days about having to give me a c section if my levels do not go down sooner rather than later (i got the impression they are giving it a week to see)... What chances / complications could a 34 - 35 weeky have? His scan has come back fine today, im just posting because i want to be prepared for what ever happens. im only really expecting them to act if he plays up or if my levels go up even more (they are already stupidly high).

hey hun,
firstly dont worry :hug:
jack was born at 36 weeks he weighed 6lbs, and didnt need to go to into special care.
the only problems we had was that he was a bit jaundiced which made him sleepy so he wouldnt latch on the boob very well. also his blood sugar was low so he needed to have formula top ups for the first 5 days.

im sure your LO be fine hun, it would be better if they could hold out to 36-7 weeks xxxxxx

Jacob was born at 34 weeks and weighed 5lb 12oz so he had a good start. He was in an incubator for one night and then in special care for 2 weeks. Apart from being slightly jaundice and having to be tube fed, he had no other problems and hasn't since. He had to stay in special care until he developed the suckling reflex to fed himself and they usually do this at 36 weeks.

Hope this helps and your LO stays in there longer xxx

sam is this oc related again or not ? just wondered if you'd got it 2nd time round ?

leland was born at 34 weeks , weighed 6lb5oz , problems weve entailed was unsuccesfull breastfeeding due to no sucking action what so ever and he had reflux. he was tube feed first night.

after his birth he was in neonatel for 1 night , then on the ward under neonatel care , we were home at 5 days old so he did amazing !

Nathan was born at 35 weeks and weighed 5lb 12oz. He never had to go into special care at all after he was born. and was able to stay in the room with me.

The only problem I had was that he was too sleepy to breastfeed so had to bottle feed him. He also had slight jaundice aswell but that went after a few days and didn't need any treatment :)

Gem & Leland said:
sam is this oc related again or not ? just wondered if you'd got it 2nd time round ?

Yep :( - i got it at 28 weeks last time and ive only been diagnosed for 5 days now. For me its been a lot worse so far - my levels are through the roof and did it in such a short space of time as well. They are a lot higher than last time. I had one batch taken last Thursday and they where really high, i had another set taken on Friday and it had gone up even further! :wall:

Thanks for the replies girls - i recon i will know this weekend what they are planning to do. I know he will at least be here at 37 weeks, My consultant said he wouldn't like me to go over that. Its been mentioned a couple of times about my ALT's etc 'need' to go down this week. :pray:

Ive got another set of bloods due this Friday, so i should know sat /Sunday if the meds are working. TBH i feel as bad as i did if not worse. We will just have to see...

His chances sound pretty good then if they do decide that they are not happy! I had a scan last week and he is above the middle line on the growth charts etc... he is doing great, its just me. Im hoping to breastfeed him, so i recon i will make sure i can express if he doesn't want to take it from me - that way he gets my goodness.

Thank you again for your replies!!! :hug: :hug:

im so sorry you got it again hun , i was told hellp would be worse 2nd time round to so if i ahve another im preparing for earlier . whats your levels at? im suprised they havent admited you yet :( i cant remember what my alt levels went to as it was lft they were worried about as it went over 800 !! really hope lil person arrives soon on its own accord for your sake xx

Gem & Leland said:
im so sorry you got it again hun , i was told hellp would be worse 2nd time round to so if i ahve another im preparing for earlier . whats your levels at? im suprised they havent admited you yet :( i cant remember what my alt levels went to as it was lft they were worried about as it went over 800 !! really hope lil person arrives soon on its own accord for your sake xx

With alice the highest my alt's went to was 14. This time around I was told its in its 20's on the thursday and I swear today the consultant said 30's for fridays results - I didn't want to ask as I don't want to know and worry myself!! all I know is he said they need to go down.

I was told yesterday im on the highest dose of meds I can be on - its starting to spread up my arms & legs which is what happened last time. ive cut all my nails down to nothing so i can't scratch myself red raw quite so easily. im struggling most with no sleep - when pg with alice I could nap in the day, its next to impossible to do that with a toddler!! speaking of which, hows leland? bet he is getting big and all grown up!!!

they where quite good at monitoring my levels before the itching started. i was prepared for a battle to get them to do routine bloods, but they suggested it to me as the route to go down before i had a chance!!

its good that they did it without you badgering them ! ill be seen in maternity and gastrology (spl) next time too . leland is fantastic his suck an amazing lil boy now ! his making me broody for another lmao . hope your levels come down a bit :hug:

I have no advice re preemies but just wanted to send a hug and also say if you want I will look around and get some info for you regarding feeding premature babies. Just let me know :)

beanie said:
I have no advice re preemies but just wanted to send a hug and also say if you want I will look around and get some info for you regarding feeding premature babies. Just let me know :)

thanks hun. hopefuly i won't need to take you up on the offer :hug: :hug:

bethan was born at 35 weeks and was in SCBU for 10 days but that was because my waters had gone at 32 weeks so they wanted her to have IV antibiotics incase of infection, then she was jaundice which meant she wouldn't feed she was tube fed then went onto bottle. She was 7lb 4oz when she was born

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back