identical twin early c section worry

1986princess

Reaction score
hey ladies, hope u dont mind me posting in here? just got a few concerns really. my identical twin boys are due on 14th jan but consultant has said c section will be arranged depending on progress between 34 and 36 weeks. I see him tommorow so may well get a date. He said hr will prepare their lungs by giving me steroids and as long as they breath ok will probably only need an afternoon or 24 hours monitoring worse case. If things dont go to plan and they try to make an early appearance then it all depends on their progress. Im just worried there will be complications or they will be too tiny, plus unsure what size clothes to take in for them to wear when they are in. Just naturally worrying to death after hearing a few horrific stories( good old google) and hope and pray all wil be fine. dont want to be negative and its good to see al little babies doimg well in here as reassurance xxx

sorry for gate crashing, but just want to say not to worry and to go with the flow if you can. the boys will come when they are ready, take newborn or tiny baby clothes and they will grow in to them soon enough. Isla was 6lb 12 and fitted in tiny baby for a few weeks! xxx

Can I just ask why you are having a section, why so early and why is the consultant telling you they will come early? x

Sent from my knackered iPhone

Kynon was born at 36 weeks and apart from a bit of extra monitoring and jaundice he was fine. He was big for 36 weeks but newborn were still large on him so probably tiny baby clothes be best. Fx crossed you will get to 36 weeks x

My id twins came naturally at 38 weeks, my sisters came naturally at 37+ 4. no need for any steroids or intervention. Twins don't always come really early. Why are you having so much intervention? Are there other concerns? x

My id twins came naturally at 38 weeks, my sisters came naturally at 37+ 4. no need for any steroids or intervention. Twins don't always come really early. Why are you having so much intervention? Are there other concerns? x

Hey hun iv had straightforward pregnancy except for some early bleeding. My consultant advises against natural birth in my case as its my first pregnancy, theres a risk of twin to twin transfusion happening and complications resulting in c section in the end. As i dont know any better iv gone along with it.
He recommends a round of steroids 2 injections at 30 weeks to prepare the lungs incase they try to make an early arrival. There is a history of preterm labour down maternal line so think he factored that into it. He hasnt given me a date but thinks around mid december which will take me to 35/36 weeks. they weigh roughly 3lbs atm. I also thought it was early but thought it was standard, do u think i should speak to him when i go on 8th November? x

I really do hunnie. My sisters twins were her first babies too and birth was natural and without a hitch, no scbu, no steroids, nothing. I think your dr sounds really negative and is expecting the worse when really if twin 1 is head down there is no problem with going for a natural delivery as you would with one baby. I'd seriously get some second opinions hun. They can monitor for twin to twin with scans and step in if they are worried but if everything is textbook I dont understand why all the intervention?? Doesn't sound right to me xx

I really do hunnie. My sisters twins were her first babies too and birth was natural and without a hitch, no scbu, no steroids, nothing. I think your dr sounds really negative and is expecting the worse when really if twin 1 is head down there is no problem with going for a natural delivery as you would with one baby. I'd seriously get some second opinions hun. They can monitor for twin to twin with scans and step in if they are worried but if everything is textbook I dont understand why all the intervention?? Doesn't sound right to me xx

yeah i did wonder, as they are growing at a good weight and all is well with them and me(touch wood). I juast thought 34 to 36 weeks mustve been the norm? i also wondered if it was because of xmas and thry were timing it in? as daft as that sounds i think they might think if i went over theres a chance they would try to come xmas/new year if they come naturally. 1 is head down i think not the 2nd twin. think il have to speak to him, as a c section is major surgery and hard with twins so if there was a possibilty of natural perhaps it would be better. x

I did alot of research into twin delivery and if twin 1 is head down there is absolutely no reason why you shouldnt have a natural delivery. I would be very concerned about a dr who was planning early intervention and not even discussing natural delivery x

Just thought I say a little, me and my sister are twins and were born naturally at 32 weeks. My mum was 18 and we were her first, not sure if they interfered at any point though. We were in incubators for a while too. But I don't see if u want a natural birth with twins why u couldn't. xx

thanx hun just want whats best for all of us my consultant seem to think c section but suppose i could always ask a few more questions and put my mind at rest x

I'm sure the consultant will know best hun, just wanted to let u know that even with twins u can have a natural birth. Wishing the best for u and ur boys :) xx

I'm sure the consultant will know best hun, just wanted to let u know that even with twins u can have a natural birth. Wishing the best for u and ur boys :) xx

thanx hun didnt know u were a twin! how ru getting on with ur pregnancy? x

I'm doing ok, majorly tired and sore boobs that's about it at the mo. letting myself get a bit excited and booked an early scan for 11th nov, so excited to see my lil roo :)

Hope u are doing well? Xx

Last edited:
aww good luck for early scan hun xxx im sure all will be fine and glad ur well apart from the usual pregnancy symptoms! seems like it drags in first tri but as soon as ur in 2nd tri it will just fly! Never know could be twins! fingers crossed for u and looking forward to the pics xx

Good luck hun! Just to jump in too I know two girls, both had twins on first pregnancy naturally! xxx

Edie was born at 32 weeks, weighin 3lb3oz and didnt fit in to anything, but wore tiny baby things with her sleeves rolled up :)

thanx ladies i have my c section booked on 15th december and il be nearly 36 weeks. My consultant ruled out natural birth as both babies r transverse and low lying placenta. They weigh around 3.5lbs each now and im having steroids tommorow and thursday to prepare lungs. He feels that the early delivery isnt a decision he has made lightly but best for them/me and to avoid ttt. He has offered for me to visit the scbu and private room facilities so that if they are in there i am prepared but he feels if things carry on as they are they m ay be in 3-3 hours or 24 hours worst case fingers crossed. cant believe 5 weeks on thursday il be a mummy! x

Aw wow the boys are a really good weight already so that's something to be pleased about. That's great x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back