34 week growth scan and supervisor midwife appointment tomorrow..

BellaRiven

Reaction score
Tommorrow we have a 34 week placenta and growth scan, this is to make sure my placenta has moved from Anterior and isn;t blocking the cervix anymore, if it is then the whole game plan changes which I have been fighting so hard for..

Then in the afternoon I have an appointment to speak to one of the midwife's at the hospital so that they can explain why I can't have baby at Bournemouth even though I am only 1 point over the BMI and had no complications!!

They still seem pretty adamant that I have to go to Poole which is half hour away and which I don't want as they are so busy down there.

I am hoping they give me good reasons why I can't, the midwife on the phone said there were national guidelines that state that if your over BMI you can't give birth in a birthing centre so I have looked these up and it is only recommendations not guidelines.

She also asked if I had considered a home birth, which if I am not wrong carries more risks than giving birth in a Birthing centre!!!

So we will see, get through the scan first :) me thinks

good luck for tomorrow hope all goes well x

just posted on ur other thread, but good luck today hun and hope u get the answers you want :) xxx

good luck! at least you get to see bub again on screen! xxx

WOOP WOOP, My placenta has moved, baby is normal size weighing in at 4lbs 15 ozs..., and he actually looks human now :), he is facing the right way too so fingers and toes crossed he stays that way :)

Now onto the midwife appointment watch this space :)

Thanks for the support ladies xxx

Glad everythings ok! Good luck with the midwife! Fingers crossed they let u birth at the centre!

WOOP WOOP, My placenta has moved, baby is normal size weighing in at 4lbs 15 ozs..., and he actually looks human now :), he is facing the right way too so fingers and toes crossed he stays that way :)

Now onto the midwife appointment watch this space :)

Thanks for the support ladies xxx

aww that sounds like a great weight! I'm going to give birth to a porker! eek!

So pleased your placenta has moved and I hope you get the birth YOU WANT! I think medical professionals tend to hide behind recommendations far too much

xxxx

Glad scan went well, now hopefully u get to give birth at the hospital you want :) xxx

I got it, I got it, I got it :)

We are having our beautiful baby boy at Bournemouth the 5 minute away hospital.

I had to agree to a couple of things like being examined every 4 hours, and if labour is slow going being moved to Poole, having the injection to birth the placenta, if the baby needs monitoring leaving the pool..

But I feel so much more relaxed knowing I can give birth in the place I want and the way I want :)

xxxx

Yay! Pleased it went how u wanted! I tried to argue to have my baby at midwife unit at hosp 15 mins away but due to gynae problems 6 years ago I have to go an hour away!! Xx

Yay! Brilliant news Bella! Glad to hear you got what you want :)

Now I can put the stroppy teenager to rest and enjoy the rest of my time until baby comes without being stressed out :) xxx

That's fab news hun, glad u got what u wanted even if there was a few compromises to make it will all be worth it :) xxx

Only just seen this... glad everything is going the right way hun :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back