Triple test result

Blossom

Reaction score
Just got my triple test result at 1:500. Not very happy with it really, but I know it's not THAT bad :(

My friend had her reult a while ago and got 1:5200 and I think i just expected that mine would be about the same, we are similar age, no relatives with downs etc.

They asked if i wanted further tests but ive said no, i wouldnt have the amnio and would go ahead anyway, but just cant help feeling like its a bad result. :(

aww hun sorry it wasnt as good as you wanted
its still quite low risk though
manda xx

The midwife described it as 'borderline', that's probably why im feeling a bit down about it. It was very kind of 'not good news but not really bad news either'.

aww sometimes people can be quite insensitive about things cant they
just give it a couple of days hun and tink about how lucky you are to have this baby talk to your bump im sure that will cheer you back up again
manda xx

1 in 500 realisitically is still low. Its way way way lower than the 1 in 5 chance we all had of miscarrying in the first 13 weeks! a hundred times lower!

I wouldnt worry. :hug:

Oh no, what a worry.

My MW appointment is tomorrow and I have to decide if I want this or not. I'm still not sure :?

To be honest I'd rather have not bothered having it. It's a meaningless test, especially seeing as I wouldn't do anything with the results anyway.

I've seen people get results of 1:35000 and 1 : 50 and they dont tell any story. The only way to find out would be an amnio anyway and I wouldnt have one even if my risk was 1:10.

It just makes you worry about nothing. The risk factor is there whether you have the test or not. I think if you get a borderline or bad result that makes the worrying far worse than not knowing at all.

I havent been a bit worried until i got that result. I wont spend months worrying about it now, but it's more unsettling than not knowing at all.

Its not a hugely bad result hun... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Tbh the triple test results aren't particularly accurate and need to be done in conjunction with the Nucal fold scan at 12-14 weeks, otherwise you can get false results. This was told to me by my consultant gynocologist who specifies in women who have a history of babies with genetic problems, so she knows what she's talking about.

Keep your chin up hunny... your next scan will show a lot more... Usually children with handicaps have other problems which show up in ultrasound's... just tell your sonographer at your next ultrasound about your low results and if they can give you some reassurances that everything looks good... :)

Think of it this way... that's a 0.2% chance of anything being wrong. And remember, that's 0.2% NOT 2% so it is very low. :hug:

Awww try not to worry about it too much.

I was told 1-250 and less was considered something to be concerned about and anything over that was felt to be good and they would not feel the need to offer more tests.

I had a Nuchal and bloods done as I didn't want an amnio later on and the risk of miscarriage from that, no matter what. Facing those odds worried me more than other test results :? So the Nuchal and bloods came back ok and put my mind at rest.

I know its not easy to turn off the worry switch :hug: but 1-500 is still good :)

I honestly don't understand why they do this test as a matter of course. Everybody I know who's had it done has just gone through a load of worry for nothing.

Try not to worry about it, it's really isn't a bad result and the triple test isn't based on ANYTHING medical, it's justs maths!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww hun :hug:

I know its a big worry but personally Id be happy with that result. Like gymbabeliz said its way way lower than our 1 in 5 chance of miscarrying in the first 13 weeks. I wasnt even going to have the nuchal fold and bloods as it is quite pointless. No matter how good the odds were at the end of the day they're still just odd's and I could always be that 1 in a zillion.

Its definately not a bad result hun :D

xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: It does sound like the triple test causes a lot of worry for nothing. I'm sure everythings fine.

I'm still waiting for my result, but wish I hadn't bothered to be honest.

Its not a bad result, its low risk.

My son is Downs and I truely believe, if you are that 1 in whatever odds its a lucky one.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back