Triple test

muppetmummy

Reaction score
Those of you who had the triple test, how long did it take for the results to come back?

I had mine done 2 weeks ago and when I phoned up for the results on Monday I was told that the results weren't in and to call back in 2 weeks time! The receptionist I spoke too sounded really weird. I don;t know if that was because something was wrong with my results or they've done something wrong like lost them?

The only results they had back were for my full blood count which was fine, but all the other bloods that were taken (hiv, hep c etc) aren't back yet.

Is it just me or isn;t this really bad having to wait a month for triple test results? What if something was wrong and I decided to have an amnio? :shock:

I really wish I hadn't bothered now, it's just making me worry when I wouldn't have otherwise :wall: :wall:

im not sure hun i had mine done yesterday
my midwife told me she will come round to mine asap if something shows up on any of them though so unless i see her i aint going to worry
maybe they have a backlog of them
manda xx

mine were all clear so i didnt get the results til my appointment 4 weeks later xx

i got mine at the following midwife appointment - so that was about a month later. she did say when she took them that they would be in touch sooner if there any problems though.

sure you'll be ok hon xx

I had my bloods taken and asked when the results would be back and she said withing 3 working days. Only they would not bother contacting me unless there was a problem and then they would do so within a week.

She said if all was well I'd get the actual results in person at my next MW appointment 4 weeks later.

I've not heard anything and my next appointment with the MW is next week so I'll find out my blood count then. As for the rest, as I've not heard I figure all was well.

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. From what others have said, no news is good news it seems.

thanks guys, it was just the fact that the rsults weren't in after two weeks that worried me. Think I'll just wait, I'm sure they'll contact me if anythings wrong

I had my blood taken yesturday and got told the results should be back by friday - maybe its the good old postcode lottery again!

I received mine within 6 days. I know they can take ages to come back though so don't worry!

i wasnt ever gven the results... i was told when they took them would be 2 weeks and would only be contacted if was a problem... i only found out my results because they are written on my pregnancy notes (OH deciphered bloods for me & the downs/sb was 1:7400) and i was given them to keep at my 20wk scan... m/w never went through them...

hello hun

I dont get my results until I see midwife which is 5 weeks from when I had them done, unless there is something wrong then they would contact me straight away or triple test is borderline then they would also be in touch asap. I think they would be in touch if anything wasnt quite right so I think you're fine :hug:

xx

i have just had my blood tests taken yesterday really hope we find out what the outcome is by the end of the week, cant stand not knowing over the whole weekend, need to know asap. Most worried about HIV test. Never really thought I have HIV but you just never know if youve never been tested at all.

Really hope everything is ok, im worried sick, but trying to remain calm for the sake of the baby.

analiza said:
i have just had my blood tests taken yesterday really hope we find out what the outcome is by the end of the week, cant stand not knowing over the whole weekend, need to know asap. Most worried about HIV test. Never really thought I have HIV but you just never know if youve never been tested at all.

Really hope everything is ok, im worried sick, but trying to remain calm for the sake of the baby.

FWIW they don't usually contact you about the results unless there is a problem. So if you don't hear from them in the next 7-10 days don't panic. Thats a good thing.

Unless of course they have told you they contact you regardless.

My MW explained that it was too time consuming and expensive for the NHS to contact every pregnant woman re negative test results so they only contacted those that were of concern. Hence most women never hearing back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back