Tri 2 crasher - question for those who are clued up/have children

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I appreciate all your advice.

another question for you - i wasnt going to buy a moses basket. i was just assuming baby could go in cot from day 1. i am getting the graco symbio travel system with carry cot.
Can i just use the carrycot?? and if i got a moses basket stand would the carry cot go on it?
And .. . could i just put the carry cot in the big cot for when baby is already asleep to save me getting baby out?

Also...I wasnt going to buy a baby monitor, but are they a bit of an essential? i have the mind set of if i dont need it im not going to buy it....

Advice much appreciated!

X:nap::wave:

I appreciate all your advice.

another question for you - i wasnt going to buy a moses basket. i was just assuming baby could go in cot from day 1. i am getting the graco symbio travel system with carry cot.
Can i just use the carrycot?? and if i got a moses basket stand would the carry cot go on it?
And .. . could i just put the carry cot in the big cot for when baby is already asleep to save me getting baby out?

Also...I wasnt going to buy a baby monitor, but are they a bit of an essential? i have the mind set of if i dont need it im not going to buy it....

Advice much appreciated!

X:nap::wave:

thats the travel system ive got :) i love it.. i havent brought a moses basket as they only last a couple of months and ive got a travel cot for downstairs.. im not sure about the safety of the carrycot going on a moses basket stand...

ive got all my advice from my mum, shes a manager at toys r us and we were trying to figure out a way of saving money and ive done it your way.. im putting baby straight into cotbed so his used to big space :D

hope that helps x

Carry cot is fine. I got one with my pushchsir and plan on using it downstairs and then the Moses baskets for upstairs. Is your cot in the same room with you? If not then maybe the stand idea is good as long as it's on secure.

As with the monitor, I would get one. Peace if mind really!

also not buying a baby monitor, dont see a point to be honest, ill prob be where ever the baby is x

Not too sure about if the carrycot would sit on a stand but im using a moses basket but their not essential. You could put baby in carrycot then into cot so won't need a stand.
Also ive never used a baby monitor and won't this time either!! I could hear if lacey started crying when upstairs and ive never really thought about listening for baby breathing, i know sounds awful!!

I meant to say that you might want the baby close to you in the beginning that's why I suggested the stand if it's safe enough if your cot isn't in the same room.

Putting them straight in the cot is fine but you might want to pad it up a bit as it not to appear too big in there. babies love the closeness of things, being swaddled etc..reminds them of being in the womb so to speak!

You can just put baby in cot straight away as long as their feet are at the bottom of the cot to stop baby sliding under the covers.

I haven't got a baby monitor. They're not essential IMHO but they can help ease some new parent worries. We haven't got one simply because baby will be in with us and co-sleeping so I don't feel I need one.

Just like what emma said, when we first put lace in her cotbed at a month old we had to roll loads of towels up and put them down the sides so she couldn't move to much as they like the close feeling!

Having a monitor was essential for me. I can't hear the front door go let alone a baby crying upstairs if I lm washing dishes.. Our house isn't huge but it's not small either.

you guys are life savers!

the cot is in my bedroom next to my bed. i may just stick the carry cot on the sofa or something when downstairs then, as i am not sure if it would sit on a stand.

I am still a little undecided about the monitor thing, good to know some of you havent used and managed! lol and i have a swaddle blanket so thought that might come in handy for when baby does go in cot to give them that feeling of closeness. the towel stuffing idea is great! thanks!

Also, when they are asleep do you put a muslin under them incase of leakages of things? x

Also, when they are asleep do you put a muslin under them incase of leakages of things? x

I didn't. A tip and I know it sounds stupid but you won't believe how easy it is to do is when putting their nappy on make sure the flaps round the legs are out and not tucked in. Tucked in and you get leakage I find!

So you don't have to change the cot bed sheets all the time get some Moses basket flat not fitted by flat sheets an you can fold them in half and tuck under each side of the cot bed mattress where the baby's head goes and if they are sick you only have to change that bit that's what I'm planning to do xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back