rocking stand or not?

sarah2807

Reaction score
I am going to buy a stand for our moses basket this week, just wondered what you ladies reccommend-

Are the rocking ones the best or will a standard one be just as good? :think:

The only thing I was thinking with the rocking ones is they would help settle the baby to sleep, but does the baby then struggle when it has to sleep in a cot and it has to sleep without the rocking motion? I'm probably reading too much into it tbh-I do this with everything!! lol!

Any advice appreciated. :D
Thanks
Sarah xxxxx

My moses basket had a rocking base but had things on the base that you could use to stop it rocking, but i never really rocked it that much.
I didnt really want calleigh to get used to being rocked to sleep.
So i suppose you could get one like that and have the option of rocking or not :)
In the end she didnt even like the moses basket so went into a cot at about three weeks.

Hi Sarah

My Oliver is now 13 wks and has been sleeping in his moses basket with non rocking stand until a week ago. we have just packed away his basket and stand and both hubby and I said that next time around we would probably get a rocking stand....didn't have any probs with this one but would like to try rocking one. The rocking ones with option to be still sound good too. All the best :D

i had a folding stand for james and have a rocking one for logan.

i preferred the folding one as it was easier to move around the house, and easier to store.

the rocking motion seems to wake logan up when i put him in the basket asleep, its also a pain not being able to fold the stand up when moving between rooms

id say get a folding stsnd that doesnt rock :D

We have a folding stand that doesn't rock. Much more useful for moving between rooms, which we did.

As somebody else has replied, we didn't want a rocking one as you can fall into the danger of baby depending on being rocked before they'll go off to sleep.

I had a rocking one for my 3 and tbh I never rocked them!

We had a rocking one and it was brilliant. The motion calmed him down nicely. I worried that he would get too used to being rocked to sleep so just before we moved him to the big cot we stopped rocking him to sleep unless he was beside himself. The move wasn't such a big deal after that.

I had a standing one untill lozzi gave me a rocking one and he loved the rocking motion when he was small, i moved him into his cot a bit ago and i have no problems getting him off without the rocking now hes a tiny bit bigger.

We have a rocking stand and baby loves it (and it's very useful if he happens to wake up during the night...). We don't use it systematically though so that he can still fall asleep without being rocked :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back