Travelling in the car...

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
My friend's baby is 8 months old now and she sits in the back of the car with him, his carseat faces forward so she would be able to see him from the front.

Is it really neccessary to sit in the back of the car with the baby? I can understand it for long journeys but my friend sits in the back even when it's only a 20 min journey.

no of course it's not necessary
the baby might prefer to be next to his mother, but it's a matter of preference, not necessity.

thats making a rod for her own back ! lelands always travelled int he back on his own and tbh he usualy falls asleep pretty quick once where moving lol

G3M said:
thats making a rod for her own back ! lelands always travelled int he back on his own and tbh he usualy falls asleep pretty quick once where moving lol

connor travels on his own in the back too, even on long journeys. i can see him (and he can see me) via mirrors and it works fine for us. like leland, connor falls asleep pretty much as soon as the engine starts anyway

:)

It's not neccessary no, but if she wants to, it is her baby so why not? She's lucky to get driven everywhere :lol: Isaac was in the front passenger seat whilst he was a baby because I wanted him there :D but by 8months in a front facing car seat, I personally don't see the point in sitting in the back, but each to their own :hug:

I sit in the back if it's a longer journey or when LO has just woken from a sleep and were off out somewhere, he just wants a bit of entertainment since he's wide awake and won't drop off again. He's too young for us to have a DVD player type thing installed in the car so for now I occassionally sit with him and play instead!! It's just preference though, he would find entertainment with a shoe or dummy strap or something if I didn't bother but hey he'll be grown all too soon so I just make the most of every second I can play with him etc.

Thank's girls.

I know it's upto her and I have no problem with that, I just wondered if it was necessary or not as I don't intend to sit in the back of the car (apart from when she is really tiny).

I used to sit in the back with Harrison untill he could hold his head properly himself cause although he was ok, he always slept in the car (still does now) and his head would flop forward and I didn't like that so sat with him so I could make sure he was ok but its not nessacary (SP?) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back