Travelling in London

newbie1984

Reaction score
As I'm now entering Tri 2 I thought it was a good idea to get one of the baby on board badges as I use the underground (at peak time) twice a day. Well I have to say people of the underground are actually incredibly good at giving me their seats which really helps seeing as I'm having lots of dizzy spells on packed trains lately! Sure sometimes it takes a while but i havent had to go more than a few stops without someone giving me their seat. Mucho thanks people of London and the central line :)

that's good! I have to say I've found that people on buses are better than on the underground. People on the overground are RUBBISH - they just stare at me and look guilty!! I never got one of the badges though, maybe that would have helped!

I feel for you. I used to take the central line twice a day from Leytonstone too up until last year. Now I like in the Scottish countryside :) I hope people continue giving up their seats for you, I'd be a very angry pregnant lady if I was still in London x

Soph I come in from south woodford so the trains are always packed when they get to me! So far so good though :)

Just glare at people if they don't, especially the guy in the suit who holds the metro up high to pretend he didn't see you! lol

I actually find the women are worse! This man this morning sitting on the opposite end was the only person to offer his seat and he was sitting too far away for me to get there, a few stops later a woman got up for me who I was standing opposite but I'm pretty sure she only did that as she was gettin off at the next stop lol ah well! X

I agree woman tend to be worse!! I love it when people just start to glare out of the window so as not to make eye contact with you - if they pretend they haven't seen you they wont have to move - lazy b******s! Rant over :lol::lol:

Can you actually buy a badge then? I work on projects and due to start going into London from September to October (2hour journey). Dreading it as you have to fight to get on the train let alone get a seat

I live in Liverpool and not once during my whole pregnancy did anyone offer me there seat , so I would have to stand the whole journey with ppl knocking my bump xxx

So far, I haven't had any trouble, although I'm in Belfast, not London - but in fairness I don't use public transport very often.

But to be honest, if they see ur bump and don't offer u a seat, they aren't gonna offer it if ur wearing a 'baby on board' badge. Some people are just ignorant x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I dunno I mean if your at the stage where you are beginning to show but could b confused as just fat I think they are a good idea lol

Can you actually buy a badge then? I work on projects and due to start going into London from September to October (2hour journey). Dreading it as you have to fight to get on the train let alone get a seat

Go onto tfl.gov.uk and put in baby on board. They are free just email them and they post it.

Personally, i couldn't wear on of those, especially when I really don't need someone to give me their seat. If I need someone to give me their seat, I will look pregnant enough, for them to realise.

And, I think anyone who is offered a seat should ALWAYS take it. A lot of people don't want to give their seat up for the reason that they will feel embarrassed should the woman say no.

I don't disagree with you but when the only person who offers is across the carriage and you have to make your way through 20 people to get there on a moving train its just not gonna happen!

And actually the times people need a seat is in Tri 1 more than anything. So If someone is cautious then that's not a bad thing. I'm 13 weeks and showing so for me it's not too much of an issue, however my train is packed and you often have to squeeze like sardines so to know ill be ok and not have bags and arms and elbows thrown into my bump is a godsend

Hhhhhm I suppose we are all different with different needs. I disagree that we need to be seated in Tri1 more than Tri2 or 3 though. Standing is good for you, it helps you strengthen muscles and you burn 50% more calories standing up than you do sitting down ;o) I haven't had any sickness etc though, so for me I haven't felt different, so I can't comment on what tri1 might feel like if you had bad symptoms.

You have nothing to worry about with bags or elbows knocking you. If a boxer comes along and gives you his hardest punch, then you'll have something to worry about.

Hhhhhm I suppose we are all different with different needs. I disagree that we need to be seated in Tri1 more than Tri2 or 3 though. Standing is good for you, it helps you strengthen muscles and you burn 50% more calories standing up than you do sitting down ;o) I haven't had any sickness etc though, so for me I haven't felt different, so I can't comment on what tri1 might feel like if you had bad symptoms.

You have nothing to worry about with bags or elbows knocking you. If a boxer comes along and gives you his hardest punch, then you'll have something to worry about.

If you felt really rough in Tri 1 I'm sure you would think different! Just wait till your in Tri 3, I'd do anything for a sit down most of the time!

Lol I agree! I suffer really badly on packed trains, fainted countless times when it's hot and packed so if I'm offered a seat that I can get to, I'll take it!!!

Lol I agree! I suffer really badly on packed trains, fainted countless times when it's hot and packed so if I'm offered a seat that I can get to, I'll take it!!!

I have to sit down every 5 mins! If I see someone stand up, I'm in their seat like a shot! x

It's actually bad for you to stand for prolonged periods whilst pregnant. Due to the reduced blood flow putting you at a higher risk of clotting and varicose veins. I'm in Tri three now and due to the pressure on my pelvis sitting down is pretty necessary. I just don't understand why people wouldn't offer there seat to an pregnant lady.... Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back