Torn between two names

Eryinera

Reaction score
OK soooo
We are torn between 2 names they are both special to us for different reasons. And we will probably decide when she's born but I was just seeking your opinions. So our surname begins with a W

1st option: Erin Rose.
2nd option: Anya Willow.

My son's middle name also begins with a W so I like the similarities of that.
My son's first name is Irish so that's a point for Erin.
My weirdness about Erin is my online name for the past 10 years plus has been Eryinera which gets shortened to Ery and I'm worried Erin will also get shortened to Ery which feels a bit weird lol.

If you like Erin as a first name and Willow as a middle name, then why not go with Erin Willow?

They are both very pretty names so it's hard to chose between them!

XX

I like Erin but not on our list as I can't lose the association of one of my sisters friends with the same name who I don't like! Anya is on our list as a middle name as we can't have names starting with a with our surname. So basically I love them both, sorry not helpful!

Last edited:
Lol your in the same boat as me! The reason we dot want Erin willow is because then her initials would be EWW as opposed AWW. AWW is cute EWW is weird lol

EWW! Lol!

Loads of names we like don't go with our surname, it does add a level of difficultly to choosing.

You could have Erin Willow if you added another name too, like add the Rose in as well? Depends how difficult you want to make form filling!

I love the name willow, as a first name. I never even suggested it to OH though as I know he would go for it. Both names are pretty so not very helpful here either, sorry. Erin willow rose is nice though if you wanted to avoid the eww lol xx

Erww lol sounds like car zooming past :rofl: we nearly double barrelled our surnames.... that would have been ERWWW or EWERR sounds like something from carry on matron lol.:rofl:

Bare in mind my surname is 10 letters long. Lol I'm not trying to punish the poor girl hahaha well.... we'll see how the labour goes maybe I do :rofl:

Willow Rose sounds beautiful, unless you dont want to mix the two but I really like that

We've discussed that but I'm not keen on her name being shortened to Will. I don't know I think we've settled on either Erin Rose or Anya Willow. It's not helping that even my dad who was set on the idea of Erin that we've had for what 15 years? Said he really loved Anya too! Ooooo it's so hard lol. First time in my life I've ever wished for twins hahaha! (Twins terrify me lol)

Erin Rose is very pretty, I like the name Erin, it is a short name anyway so I doubt it would get shortened very often :)

xx

Teehee at least no one has said "that's bloody awful" lol

Last edited:
They're both really lovely, pretty names.

The only thing for me is when I hear Anya Willow I think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. But I LOVE that series sooooo much so it wouldn't put me off, it's just the association I have with it.

XX

(My sons names are two names from Angel hence why we looked at Buffy ones lol)

I loved buffy and Angel. My first boyfriend looked like him, all my friends were a little jealous lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back