Top and Tailing - should the water be cooled boiled?

sunnyday

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

read last night in a preggy mag that top and tailing water should be cooled boiled water. Is this right? So how come we don't use cool boiled water in the bath then???!!!

u can go a bit ott witht his sterile stuff ! like my mw said , is your boob sterile , no , and we shove that in there gobs !

I used cooled boiled water for Austin but only because he had really bad sticky eyes until he was 8 months old so I had to clean them with boiled water.

I don't use it. I think we can go a bit OTT with all of this TBH. Babies need to get some germs otherwise how are they expected to build an immune system

Don't bother. As has been said, you'd end up boiling and sterilising 24-7 and go stir crazy!

The things that Ash shoves into his mouth! Honestly, I sterilise my breast pump and bottles when he has expressed milk, but not much else.

xx

newmum said:
like I have time for that! :wink:

snap... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: water from the tap and she can lump it... besides a few germs is good for them... :D

I never done that either for his bath. I did use cooled boiled water when he had sticky eyes but that was only for cleaning his eyes

Nope! it was waterfrom the tap and same with the boy as well :rotfl: I dont have time for that, I did boil it though when madam had sticky eye and that was it.

Thanks ladies, you've confirmed what I thought, it seems a bit OTT!

just in case you havent got one yet asda were selling them for a quid last night

no hun just the water they drink should be sterile, not the water for their botties! :)

CBW for his eyes when they were sticky, but other than that... just normal water :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back