Tap water

sarah2807

Reaction score
can babies drink tap water?

This may seem like a silly question but my HV adviced that the water should be cooled boiled water cos the tap water contained chemicals ( can't remember what exactly :think: ) I got told this at a weaning talk so she was definately refering to babies around 6 months +
i always do this and it's a right pain, which I didn't mind about cos it's what I thought you had to do...then I read a thread on here about BLW where someone asked about tap water and lots of you said it's fine.
Do you think my HV is talking rubbish and tap water will be fine? I know you have to use cooled boiled in bottles....... :think: :think: :think:

:D

Ive been thinking the same. Its a right pain when making juice I was confused as to how boiling would get rid of chemicals :S

Just filter it when they get to 6 months tbh, we have a brita filter and tbh it tastes a whole lot nicer... thats how lil miss has always had her water :) and Spanish Tap water contains far more chemicals that UK tap water. :D

leland still has cooled boiled :oops: i just make his dailey drinks with his bottles so its no harder or easier and tbh is just habbit ! but if i was desperate id prob give him tap now

Yay! Yet another thing I've been doing wrong :rotfl: :wall:

When I'm drinking tap water out of a glass Connie insists on having some, so who am I to argue? Good job I don't drink Coke really.

I've started to give Rudy normal tap water this week.

x

Lilys had tap water from about 7months and its never done her any harm :D

i gave cooled boiled water in a cup from about five months but then at about seven months or so starting giving tap water. it's only in the last few weeks he's really been taking any significant quantity of the water anyway.

debecca said:

When I'm drinking tap water out of a glass Connie insists on having some, so who am I to argue? Good job I don't drink Coke really.

or wine,Seren had a sip of wine at 8 months when I forgot I had left it on the floor. It was good stuff though, no blue nun here :shakehead:

I always have given Cally and Seren tap water, from 6 months on - I am not organised eought o remember to boil a kettle and then leave it to cool in time for them to have a drink.

Iz has tap water and she's fine :D

debecca said:

Same as Iz :lol: She would much rather have a drink out of a proper cup that her little beaker xx

Tap water is fine from 6 months, Ella also likes drinking from our glasses! She is particularly keen on attempting to get Daddy's beer! We do say no to that one though!!!

I was just about to post this question....

I'm obviously an overly paranoid mum as have only just considered it might be ok not to boil & Oliver turned 1yr this week! :oops: :lol: :wall:

Calleigh has tap water and has done since i started giving her a sippy cup at 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back