Took a funny turn today!

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
I had the oddest experience ever today! It really scared me :(

I was at my desk in work feeling 100% fine and then all of a sudden I lost my eyesight!!!! Not completely lost by by god everything was blurring and I couldn't see any of the words I had just written down on my works pad! This went on for an hour, so I decided perhaps fresh air will help, sat outside which made me feel worse as I nearly fell down the stairs trying to get outside and then as soon as a new atmosphere hit me I felt very nauseas aswell as still at a loss with my vision!!

Ended up ringing my doctors who told me to ring my midwife, rang my
Midwife who told me to ring the labour ward!!!

Started really panicking at this point so ended up ringing the labour ward who told me they couldn't do anything and that my doctor should have dealt with my issue and taken my blood pressure urgently rather than passed me to pillow to post!

Grrrrrrrrrrr

So by this point I had gotten myself home n in bed and fell fast asleep without realising!!!

Woke up earlier and now I'm fine again!!

Absolutely no idea what came over me but I certainly don't want to experience that ever again!!

:(

X

That sounds bloody awful hun! Hope you're ok now. Just take it easy xxx

awww hope your okay, its not a good experience when you dont know whats going on, and doctors passing you onto other people that really pisses me off as well!!! ((((hugs)))) xx

Oh no glad your feeling a bit better now. Still probs worth booking an appointment with your doc though to get your blood pressure checked out xx

Glad you're feeling better now hun. Sounds like low blood pressure to me cos I've suffered with it before (not whilst pregnant). Make sure you're staying hydrated and eating enough. Doctors are hopeless aren't they???? That's the kind of mess around I'd get off mine too :hug: xx

Wss ^^^

Best get blood pressure checked. Ive had dizzy and blurry vision spells. It's not nice. :-( Glad you feel better though.xx

It sounds like the time i had a migraine.

I went blind suddenly on the way to school and got to the point where if i lay down i went to sleep so fast but if someone woke me up i started puking everywhere.

I finally got home, went to sleep and when i woke up i felt great.

It didn't repeat itself, so fingers crossed it's a one off for you too xx

Oh gosh, that sounds horrible, def go get checked out :hugs: xxx

Aww thanks ladies :)

Yeah loobs I think your right and it seems it was a random migraine. I think I just over panicked myself as I had never lost my vision before so it reallyyyyy scared me. I would never wish that upon anybody! I am such a softy when I'm ill lol.

I have a midwife app next week so I'm going to mention it to her then and just hope like you said it's just a one off.

:hug: thanks for all ur advice xx

It sounds like the time i had a migraine.

I went blind suddenly on the way to school and got to the point where if i lay down i went to sleep so fast but if someone woke me up i started puking everywhere.

I finally got home, went to sleep and when i woke up i felt great.

It didn't repeat itself, so fingers crossed it's a one off for you too xx

My first thought was a migraine to. They don't always come with a head ache. I get stars in my eyes that get worse and worse till I can't see anything, I then get dizzy and feel very sick (9 out of 10 I am sick) I then get very tired, fall asleep and wake up like nothing happened...bloody scared the life out of me the first time it happend!!!

funny, ive had that exact thing twice when i was really sick and almost fainted. your fine then the next thing everything blurs and ya feel weak and dizzy and have to sit down and its terrifying!

Oh hun...bless u....i used t have migraines for yrs id managed t find a cure....until.....i got my bfp!!!!
I had one at 8...14...16...n 18weeks....im aure its realated t hormone surges.
And yes....patches of vision go so i cnt see ppls faces proprerly.
Glad ur ok now hun xxxx

My friends mum said she had this at about the same stage as you are!! She said that it was the quickening?!?!(not sure what that is but has something to do with the baby moving) may be complete rubbish but she only had it the once!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back