Funny turn :(

Violet

Reaction score
Hi girls

I haven't had many symptoms throughout my pregnancy, in fact, if not for the little kicks 98% of the time now I wouldn't know I'm pregnant lol.

Saturday we went out looking at prams and cots. Halfway round the second shop I started to feel a bit funny, couldn't concentrate on what the guy was saying and got a really dry mouth. Had a wine gum, but shortly after that I went outside to get some fresh air hoping that would help. I didn't feel hot but it was a warm day here.

Well things got worse. By the time my OH joined me my vision was going very odd, everything had a yellow cast to it and was blurring and I felt quite shaky. Then things started to go dark, although still with a yellow colour to them. I didn't feel light headed or dizzy strangely, but I was worried I was going to pass out :s.

I made my OH guide me back inside the shop to the nursing chairs and sat in one of them for a bit. Got the staff to give me some water too. Wasn't long before my vision was back to normal, although I was still shaky.

Was fine for a while after, but by the time we had walked around another shop I started to go the same way again, so just plonked myself down on a little platform for a bit and again started to feel better, although that's when I noticed my back was hurting.

Has anyone else had anything like this or know what it might be?

Sounds like it could be low blood sugar, I get a bit like that when my blood sugar is low. I keep a bottle of lucozade sport with me and sip from that when I start to feel funny and it really helps x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Maybe u need to contact ur midwife about ur symptoms! Hope all is well xxx

I agree with Jay, I get like that if I'm out shopping especially if standing still for a while - queues are a nightmare. I always keep a packet of polos and a bottle of water with me, and take note of nearest seat! I've gone like that in asda, tescos and other random shops - especially those that still had heating on.

Sure it's nothing to worry about, but may be worth mentioning to your midwife if it concerns you x

talk 2 ur midwife about it maybe ur blood sugars where low try n keep a fix with u x

It could be low BP or blood sugars, as the girls have said energy drink and some sweeties. You could always try clenching and unclenching your fists, this was what I was advised to do when I felt faint (before pregnancy).

I think the same as the other girls have said, it sounds like low blood sugars. Snacking little and often will help. xx

As the other Ladies have said, sound like Low BP or blood sugars.... definately keep snacks with you and sit down once in a while.... it happens to me in church when I am standing for long periods of time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back