Too much or just right?

babyjay1

Reaction score
Hiya! My little boy has been waking in the night for quite a while now where as before he was always sleeping through. I give him 1 bottle of formula for his last feed. The last few nights he's taken a bottle of 7oz and then a further 2/3oz on top of that. Just wondering if thats normal or alot as i breastfeed at all his other feeds and obviously don't know how much he takes.

Olivia is just the same and has recently gone thru a major growth spurt, he might be doing just that hun, just persevre if it continues for another week maybe think about topping him up with babyrice, I do with Olivia she just has two tea spoons in the morning with some breastmilk :D its not weaning, just a top up.
But the only thing is you seem to be giving him a top up with formula so may not be the best thing to give him rice aswell. :think:

Like I said give it another week and follow your gut instinct, its always right :)

When are you giving the last feed? I formula feed my daughter and she has a bit of rice and fruit about 5 then a 6 oz bottle at 6.30pm when she goes to bed. I then lift her out at 10pm and give her a bottle which she usually takes 6oz of again and then sleeps through. You could try giving a late feed if you dont already and see if that works? My little girl started waking about the same age as you LO though and I started weaning her then (naughty I know), I think it was just the right time. Also if he is taking 10 to 11oz in one go I would say that is a big amount and he is probably ready for a bit of rice like Tasha says. Hope he starts sleeping a bit better for you :hug:

I give him his last feed at 6.30/7pm, at the mo i'm not giving him a late feed. Probably get him weighed this week so i'll ask the health visitor, but you know what some of them can be like when it comes to weaning! Thanks girls though you have helped i'll probably try him on a bit of rice, i really don't think there's any harm in trying :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back