• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too early to start buying? But the sales are on!!!

clucky77

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am due 30 May and have just bought my nursery furniture as it was 50% off. They don't deliver until April though, so all good.

Is it too early to start buying other things though? I now want this swing (but will wait 9 more days to see if I am having a girl!):

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product- ... 00/type-i/

I really want to take advantage of the sales but know I have 4.5 months to go so not sure that I should???? Will there be other great sales around April? Doubt it??

I dont think its too early chick, i would be buying everything just dont have any money, im actually not sure how im going to buy anything :rotfl:

I give all my stuff away after having Alastair thinking i would not have anymore kids :rotfl:

You go out and take full advantage of the sales hun :hug: :hug:

I've bought some bits and pieces - i'm not superstitious and can't resist saving a few pounds! Nearly bought my pram this week but going to wait until a newer model comes out to decided!

I find out the sex in 9 days so was waiting till then to get clothes and anything gender specific.... I just hope they get it right as I think I will take advantage of the sale!

id go for it, theres no harm in preparing early, and good bargins are always a bonus :cheer:

i agree, its not too early and if you can get it in the sale even better.

with my 2nd daughter was working part time at Next but around xmas time when i was around 12 weeks i was doing full time hours so i went mad buying some of the biggish bits i needed, e.g moses basket, swing, and a cot while i had the extra money.

id say go for it. we haven't bought anything yet, apart from some bottles as we are also waiting for the gender scan next week. I have most of my stuff from when olivia was a baby the only "big" thig we needed was a pram which we put away a couple of weeks ago as it was the only one we could agree on so put a deposit down bfore we changed our minds :rotfl:

come next week ill be going mad buying pick or blue

ummmm by 18 weeks we had a crib, clothes, and a pram, i don't think it's too early to buy stuff it's better to be prepared than not at all

hit them sales girl!

too good to resist

we've got almost everythin... ordered nursery furniture

only thing i am leaving a bit later is the pram xx

Ooooh, I have just had a delivery arrive from Kiddicare - all about half price in the sale!

kiddicare!?!?

is that place any good!?!?

ive seen a bargain rocking/nursing chair and was gonna ask if anyone had gotten stuff from there!?!?xx

We got the cot & crib when i was about 20 weeks as it was at a price i couldn't refuse!! Going to buy a pram soon but going to keep it at my Dads house till baby arrives.

They have been fab! Good prices and was delivered the next day which was a day earlier than I expected! They also texted to say they were on their way!

Would definitely use again!

I don't think it's too early to start buying stuff!

I found out we are having a boy last monday, and went out yesterday in the sales going mad, buying loads of blue clothes! :lol: I've got them all stashed away in my wardrobe now, ready for when the time comes!
I've got the pram and the crib, and the moses basket, and don't really have to buy a lot else now.. I've still got near enough 4 months to go but I like to be prepared and organised!

I've gone mad in the sales: I've got a full suitcase hevvying at the edges with babys clothes. Ranging from 0-3 to 6-9, I just couldn't resist the sales. I don't even know the sex yet but having the odd bits of white or lemon won't matter. Plus I got them at unbeatable prices in the sales :cheer:

OH has just ordered the cot which should arrive in 3-4 weeks, it'll be staying at his until near the time. Plus he lives 90miles away so it'll be pointless bringing it down until then.

The pram I've bought for next to nothing, off my brother and his wife as it's only a year old and in amazing condition, plus it's silver cross.

Eveything else I'll be picking up week by week.

Although I'm a tad scared incase by time I'm 30 odd weeks I'll be bored and have nothing to do but twiddle my finger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back