is it too early?

lillou

Reaction score
i dont want to have to buy loads all at once so is it too early to start thinking about my hospital bag?

when will you ladies be starting this? iv made a list of what we need to get and was thinking about buying it each week rather than all at once.

Hi there

I've been thinking this even though I should be having a elective C-section whats to say baby may want to appear early!

I am going to about 24 weeks and have most of my bag packed, then at 28 weeks gets baby one ready I would rather be prepared and say pick them bags up than rely on anyone going through my stuff and picking up the wrong things. I always take two bags a baby one and one for myself but this is personal choice.

Hope this helps
take care
Kathy

i had been wondering this myself.. just been looking up on internet what different sites think i should take :) my friend said get one ready from 24 weeks....

thanks girls, i think il maybe start buying here and there and that way i will have everything and packed by about 32 weeks, i cant wait! :cheer:

I didnt start packing mine till i was 30plus weeks (im lazy) and i only started packing it then because my mother kept nagging me to do so :D

I packed my bag at 29 weeks but had everything for it long before then. I started buying a few things every week after my 20 week scan instead of having to buy everything in one go :)

Never too early if you ask me, plus you can spread the cost a bit and have time to make sure you have everything :D

My waters broke early at 34 weeks first time around, I'm glad that I was prepared and had everything packed.

Aw im so glad somebody else asked, i was going to leave it for a week then get asking, im dying to start doing my bag and make it all a bit realer that im actually going to have to go into hospital and have this baby and it wont just magically tadaaa out, OH says as i seem to have the last word in most baby related things he'd like to sort my hospital bag but :S what if he forgets something really important, or puts in too small trousers or 2 year old babygrow or something ?!?!?!?

I was gonna pack mine really early, i hate not eing prepared lol. But i had loads going on and i started packing about a week ago, tbh i had most of the things i needed at home already and used the babies r us catalgoues list of what i need to start with, i then crossed off what i felt was unnecessary and asked the girls on here about any little things i may need or find handy during labout that wearnt on there.

It's not fully packed, and i dont think it wil lbe until i'm in early labour as i plan on taking make-up and cleanser as i'll no doubt end up sweaty and smudged and then at the least i could remove make-up.

I dont think you can be too prepared, i keep waking in the night feeling wierd and now i'm worrying she'll come early and i'm not fully prepared lol.

i think its a good idea to start early, as i ended up in hospital with DS at 36 weeks coz of my blood pressure ,and i was panicing coz i hadnt finished my bag yet :oops:

Crikey this hadn't even crossed my mind before reading this post. Wouldn't have a clue what to put in my bag! I start antenatal classes on the 9th of June so will wait until then I think, and see what everyone is doing.

Am so glad there are organised people out there to put ideas into my head about what I should start thinking about. :D

I think I'm going to have to start being a bit more organised!
Going to start getting a list together so that if anything did happen my dh could at least go to the shops and get me some bits (although i'll probably have to include pictures and shop floorplans for him tbh) hmm, maybe i will start buying stuff now- ooohh, and I'll have to get myself a pretty new bag to put everything in!! (Didn't get my name for nothing you know!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back