When did you start buying baby things?

*sara*

Reaction score
When did you start buying baby things?
Im 16 weeks and hubby wont let be buy anything, saying its too soon, he keeps telling me to wait till our 20 week scan which is only 4 weeks away but i keep seeing so many cute things i really want to buy something.

I bought my pram when I was about 6 weeks!! have bought stuff from then pretty much!

we are going to wait until after xmas is done and dusted (32 is weeks). but TBH ive got loads of netural baby vests and baby grows from alice so i already have a few bits and bobs.

with alice - the day after we had our 20 week scan i think :lol:

With Brody - straight after the 12 weeks scan! This time round there is nothing we really need only a few bits of clothing etc so we have only bought one outfit so far once we knew we were having another boy :D

With DD we bought stuff after our 12wk scan. More to spread the cost! I haven't bought anything this time (so far!!) as there are only a few thing that we need (or should I say "want"!!)

i started buying little things at 24 weeks and ive just finished buying the big items 2 weeks ago

I am waiting until after our 20 week scan, both Mum's have bought a few bits but are keeping them at their houses. We will wait until after xmas for things like cot, moses basket etc as we only live in a small bungalow so haven't got the room for storing things for too long!!

Are you going to find out the sex at 20 week scan?

I didn't really buy anything with Aiden because my MIL and SIL bought loads of things, so much that we didn't need to get anything until the 3-6month stage. I'm one of those who doesn't like to tempt fate so won't be buying anything til around 25-27 weeks, sadly our family has a history of losing babies later on rather than early on - especially my mum. I don't really enjoy pregnancy until i know we're safe then i'll go baby mad! :D

about week 14 i think , i've got nothing from any previous children, so i figured the sooner i start buying stuff the less it'll seem in the long run. i have quite a collection of basic stuff now, vests, sleep suits, bibs, cloths, even my mum bought some the other day *shock horror*

I bought a couple of sleepsuits after my 12 week scan, and then more clothes after my 20 week scan, still need a couple of newborn sleepsuits as most of his clothes are 0-3 months and might be a little big at first.

Last weekend we painted the nursery and put all the furniture up although still needs finishing off and all the dressing bits doing (hanging curtains, putting up border and pictures), and on Fri I finally bought pram and car seat.......still have so much to buy, but getting there slowly!

I personally didnt want to buy very much until I knew what gender we were having so I could buy appropriately!!

we brought a outfit the day ofter the scan but we keep getting given stuff and aparently my hubbys mum has brought loads of stuff already :evil: it's the best part buying baby stuff for your baby grrr lol i'm just getting things when we can afford it, will probaly get more after xmas as i's quite tight this year for us

hellie123 said:
Our hospital wont tell you the sex and we really want to find out so we will have to book a private scan. Hubby convinced were having a girl but im not too sure.

*sara* said:
hellie123 said:
Our hospital wont tell you the sex and we really want to find out so we will have to book a private scan. Hubby convinced were having a girl but im not too sure.

Ah, that will be lovely. We have 99% decided not to find out but knowing what we're both like we may change our minds!!!

I'd like to wait till after the 20 week scan. I feel a little guilty as both sets of parents are raring to go. But when I think about it it makes me a little nervous.

We did spend some time in Marks and Spencers the other day looking at pushchairs and baby clothes. The OH got quite excited when we came accross a bright green all in one and how cute it would be with a bright green hat with huge frog eyes on. Poor baby is in for a world of embarrasingly cute clothing :p

I haven't bought a thing yet - have been doing lots and lots of looking though. OH wanted to wait until after 12 week scan, now I think we're waiting until 20 week scan. I just really don't want to tempt fate, especially as I'm still not really showing very much and, until I do, it's not going to seem real.

Plus, between SIL giving us stuff (travel system & moses basket, plus clothes) and some kind friends donating a whole load of other stuff I'm not really sure what we're going to need until we can do a stock take of everything!

My little princess has quite a few outfits already but thats all!

Although I have fallen in love with a silver cross pushchair that I have now seen in a sale! So we may have a pushchair soon hahaha xxx

Anna23 said:
we brought a outfit the day ofter the scan but we keep getting given stuff and aparently my hubbys mum has brought loads of stuff already :evil: it's the best part buying baby stuff for your baby grrr lol i'm just getting things when we can afford it, will probaly get more after xmas as i's quite tight this year for us

I agree totally on the best part is buying things for your baby, i got really emotional that they kept buying things without me, i wanted to choose it all but also felt really guilty that i was being ungreatful so i just accepted it all with a stuck on smile and didn't say a word to anyone. I did draw the line at them buying the moses basket though, i started crying when they showed it to me, it really wasn't the one i wanted (it was pink!!) so got them to take it back.
This time i don't think they'll go mad because it's the second granchild/niece/nephew, or i really hope they won't anyway, this is going to be our last baby and i want to choose at least a few things!!!

We started buying stuff after the 12 week scan. We were really lucky tho as we had most stuff given to us. We bought the pram a couple of weeks ago and now have everything near enough. I wanted to get sorted early so I dont need to worry about anything now!

When i had tia i bought her pram at 6 weeks too cos it was a bargain on ebay

So far this time round i havent bought anything but i am just starting to look at neutral clothes.

I Sold alot of baby bits on ebay, moses basket,swinging crib,tomy baby carrier etc then a few weeks later i found out i was expecting again but nevermind, all the more excuses to go and choose some new bits again :D

Carley1985 said:
Anna23 said:

I agree totally on the best part is buying things for your baby, i got really emotional that they kept buying things without me, i wanted to choose it all but also felt really guilty that i was being ungreatful so i just accepted it all with a stuck on smile and didn't say a word to anyone. I did draw the line at them buying the moses basket though, i started crying when they showed it to me, it really wasn't the one i wanted (it was pink!!) so got them to take it back.
This time i don't think they'll go mad because it's the second granchild/niece/nephew, or i really hope they won't anyway, this is going to be our last baby and i want to choose at least a few things!!!
argh i am going to have to do this too although i did upset my mil the other day saying i want NO KNITTED STUFF i can't stand the ruddy stuff anyway it turns out she has already been knitting stuff :evil: :evil: she been doing it for a while now :roll: so i upset her opps :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back