Too chavtastic?

DW1978

Reaction score
I know, I know it's early days yet to be thinking about names but DH bought it up yesterday. So our little boy is Lennon Gareth Williams (after John Lennon, DH is a huge Beatles fan, and middle name after his little bro). DH really likes Jude for a boy this time round and I do really like it but with Hey Jude obviously being a big Beatles hit do you think it'll will be too chavtastic having Lennon and Jude?

We already have a girls name sorted out, the same as we had the first time round - Poppy Victoria after my mum who died 13.5 years ago when I was 19. Her name was Victoria and her favourite flowers were Poppys.

I love Poppy Victoria, I think of Jude Law though with Jude who looks like my ex husband & people always used to comment on it so it wouldnt be my first choice of name lol x

I can see where you're coming from with the chavtastic vibe, I have to say I think it's a bit cheesy, sorry!

I do like the name Jude, but people will defo catch on with Lennon and Jude, depends if you mind people commenting on the beatles theme x

I like the name, but like Princess said people will defs click on to that.

Love your choice of girls name x

Last edited:
Not being a beatles had for some reason i went straight for judas preist, I like the name jude don't think it's chavvy at all. xXx

I like Jude think its unusual doesnt sound chavy at all and anyway the beatles are amazing so nothing to be ashamed off even if ppl do notice it x

Poppy Victoria is lovely since it's so significant :)

But I'm not so sure about Lennon & Jude.. Jude in itself is nice but together hmm not too sure if I personally would like it. Are you having anymore after this one? Lol

I think your name choice for a girl is beautiful, esp as it has so much meaning :flower:

I'm liking your name choice for a boy as well, they are only names I've heard maybe once or twice so it's nice they aren't hugely popular

xxx

Oh! I think Lennon & Jude sound amazing together, BUT you do have to bear in mind that for the rest of their life your boys will have people commenting "So, your parents liked the Beatles then!"
Personally though, I love the idea! x

love love love Jude! and if you love the beatles i say go for it!

poppy victoria is lovely xx

Poppy Victoria is lovely since it's so significant :)

But I'm not so sure about Lennon & Jude.. Jude in itself is nice but together hmm not too sure if I personally would like it. Are you having anymore after this one? Lol

Mmm, thats what I was thinking too. Not sure about it.

This will be our last child xxx

I really like the name Jude, but I kind of agree with someone above - it's a bit cheesy!

And I can kind of see why you may think it was a bit chavvy...

Why not use Jude as a middle name?

sorrry, above I meant cheesy/chavvy only b/c you already have a son with a Bealtes link!! :)

I think the only way it'd be cheesy would be if you called the next one Ringo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ringo :rofl:

I love Jude! But if the worst people will think is that their parents loved the Beatles I don't really think that's too much of a problem - it's not as if other kids at school are going to have a clue!

I think lennon and jude are both great names and I dont see anything wrong with a beatles theme even if people do catch on.. it could be alot worse like home and away characters or something!

Actually I like lennon so much I think I will pinch it for my boy list and see what OH thinks.

i think jude is a lovely name, and it works nicely with lennon :)

i reckon if you like it you should go for it, at least your boys will always be able to say where their names came from :)

and as for being chavvy......since when are the beatles chavtastic? its not like you are taking inspiration from n-dubs :)

Would not say it was chavvy at all. Unless you call him McKenzie like one chav girl I know did :D
Terrible!

I think of Jude Law not the beatles, but then again I am only 19 so I wouldn't have a clue, and I doubt any kid will in the next 10 years!

Also, I love the name Poppy Victoria if it's a little girl!

xx

i think jude is a lovely name!!! we called our lo Marley after bob marley lol (he loved the music when i was pregnant and kicked all the time!) and we have people commenting all the time, oooo bob marley... or ooo thats a dogs name... you gunna call his brother bob then? it used to piss me off! but i dont care i love it and it suits him!! whats important is that you love it so dont worry bout what other ppl think! your girls name is beautiful choice! i know someone whos daughters are called skye & raine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back