Tommee Tippee vs Avent

SRob

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone got any thoughts regarding which is the better option for both breast and bottle feeding - or any particular favourite in general?

I'm a first time mum (to be) and completely confused. I'm tempted by TT..

Muchos thanks!

I can't actually say for myself as I'm still pg with my first, but I've been looking at the reviews on tommee tippee, avent and Mam on here and on Amazon. TT don't seem to be recommended that much, avent seem to get better reports. I've personally today bought a set of Mam self sterilising bottles as I'm going to try breast feeding (hopefully exclusively, but I do at some point want to express so my OH can help out with feeding).

As I said tho, I haven't actually used any myself. Hope this helps tho.

This was something I was wondering too! But after looking at lots of reviews and scratching my head in boots for half an hour, I went with an Avent starter kit! It looked like the best option to me and they had a deal on an Avent microwaveable steriliser too, the equivilant of which I couldn't find for TT.
I guess everyone will have their preferences but I saw more bad reviews for TT than Avent..

I used Avent for my daughter and they were great all the way back then, making me look at them again this time around, for ladies who are feeding, they also do these fantastic pots with lids that attach to the breast pump for you to store feeds in, and they don't leek, I carried my friends around with me in the changing bag all day when I was babysitting hers.

All the offers I've seen are for TT but I'm still drawn to what I know (even though I do find the TT bottles so pretty, but that's a sad excuse to buy lol)

Tbh, you won't know what's best until baby is here. Each is different and might not take to any one type of bottle. x

Tbh, you won't know what's best until baby is here. Each is different and might not take to any one type of bottle. x

Maybe my daughter was so hungry by the time I gave her a bottle she would have drunk out of one from a pound shop (my milk wasn't great). I will decide for baby though, simply because I don't want a panic buying OH or parents on my hand, I want them here all ready. I think the variation of teat flows and so on will be enough for any fussy baby

My nephew wasn't great moving between breast and bottle until someone recommended dr brown bottles, they reduce colic and you can slow the flow down to mimic breast feeding they made a huge difference so I'll be trying them!!

I prefair tommee tippee closer to nature bottles.
I use avent bottles briefly with dds and found they made dds colicy and the bottles leaked, so i switched to tommee tippee and they cleared up the colic and didn't leak.

so using tommee tippee bottles again with my little man :)

I've bought the TT ones as they were on offer!

My brother is using TT with my nephew and when I fed him at the weekend I found them easy to use and nephew had no problems. That was a good enough review for me and OH. :)

Cant complain about the tommee tippee range i bought x

I've bought the TT closer to nature starter kit with the electric steriliser, it was on offer in Toys R us and I am sure I seen it in MC on offer too. I plan to BF and express so want to be prepared :)

I bought tt and changed to avent!! Lol :) Owens ff x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I planned to breastfeed but bought bottles and steriliser for expressing, im glad i did cos i had to sadly give up breastfeeding on day 4

We use Avent, have had no problems at all with them x I love them :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks everyone, I still have loads of time to have a good think about it. I just know that I don't want to be relied on to breastfeed - I am happy to do it, but would like the baby to bottle feed as well for my OH can feed the baby too.

Ive bought the TT essenatials starter kit as it was on offer xxx

Ive got mam bottles. Although in bf they are the only ones Henry will take x

TT bottels are awful I might as well have thrown my money away . I would recommend dr brown bottels my daughter had awful colic and really bad wind and as soon as we changed to dr brown bottels she was a lot more content and the colic cleared up within a few weeks and she doesn't have as much wind . Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back