Tommee Tippee slow flow teat

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
When feeding Aimee she spits a lot of her milk out. We are using Tommee Tippee slow flow teats but I honestly think the teat flow is too fast. The second we tip the bottle towards her to feed the milk comes out at a fast-ish rate. While she is actually feeding the milk is pouring out her mouth. Is anyone else having problems like these with the Tommee Tippee bottles? We are giving her about 150mls and I would say she is only actually drinking about half of that, the rest ends up pouring out her mouth. I know it is normal for a baby to spit out some milk while feeding but this seems a bit too much, even my mum thinks it is too much.

We had exactly the same problem. Still do with number 2 teats.

We changed to Dr Browns with no 1 teat. Problem disappeared :) They are one of the slowest flow teats you can get.

Be careful cos your LO will swallow a lot of air as well if the flow is too fast. :hug:

laracomps said:
We had exactly the same problem. Still do with number 2 teats.

We changed to Dr Browns with no 1 teat. Problem disappeared :) They are one of the slowest flow teats you can get.

Be careful cos your LO will swallow a lot of air as well if the flow is too fast. :hug:

I think she is swallowing a lot of air, she seems to have colic. We have to give her infacol with every feed. I got these bottles because of the slow flow teats as well. :shakehead: We are going to have a look in Mothercare for Dr Browns tomorrow.

well worth the money. they sell them in boots too, so you can get points on them as well :)

sparky said:
will they fit in the TT sterliliser???

Yes but you will have to turn the bottles on their side as they're too tall. I have a couple of Dr Brown bottles I'm not using any more. I'm keeping 2. They were second hand when I got them (I got new teats) but if anyone wants to give them a shot give me a shout x

sparky said:
will they fit in the TT sterliliser???

If you mean the electric one, yes we just about managed to fit 6 in. Takes a little jiggling but you'll get the hang of it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back