Told I was in menopause

Geminiblue

Reaction score
Last year in Oct I was told I was in menopause and put on hrt, I was told that I had less than 1% chance of conceiving, I was the unfortunate 4% of women in this country who go into premature ovarian failure before they are 40.

I thought all my symptoms were menopause/hrt related.

I did tests last night and this morning because my friend told me I had to....

I GOT A BFP and I have got to be about 12 weeks!!!! am off for emergency appointment t his morning with docs and hope they will send me for a scan as have had bleeding which is why I thought I prob wasnt and Ive been on lots of drugs but I am so happy.

We had given up hope, I had come to terms with it

Anyone out there trying and having problems on fertility dont give up hope
xxx

Last edited:
...we've got to find out if the medication Im on has affected the baby and I have lost alot of weight....but fingers x everything will be ok, I couldnt be given this chance to only have it snatched away, it couldnt be could it

Congratulations and fingers x'ed everything goes ok with Dr and scan. x

Hey Charliebear I remember you from when I was on here last year. Hope you are well and thank you xxx

Congratulations hunny, hope everything goes ok today x x

Wow hun thats amazing news! I really hope everythings ok because I remember you telling us about your diagnosis.

xxx

Congratulations :) I also remember your diagnosis x hope baby is ok x

Omg Corinne! That is amazing! I'll have everything crossed for your emergency scan this morning. Praying it's fantastic news x x x x

Omg!!!!! That's so amazing!!! Congrats hun, hope eberythings ok when you get your scan xx

Congratulations-fingers crossed everything will be ok. My sis in law found out she was pg amonth ago and after a scan is 23 weeks! She drank regularly,ate stuff she shouldn't and taken meds she shouldn't and all is fine. I think babies r more resilient than we think xxxx

Thank you thank you girls so much and for remembering me, you were all so supportive at the time.

Its a miracle honest to god....actually maybe a miracle would have been a virgin birth but think you get what I mean ha ha ha. Fingers x'd have docs appointment at 10.20am. They missed that I was in menopause for a year, they told me there was no chance of conceiving, theyve dismissed me time and again over the last few months saying I was just adjusting to the hormones.....think it will be time for a doctor change after today.

Will keep you girls posted and am so happy to be back here love to you all and good luck those ttc. Its never too late and never give up hope xxx

I was so delighted to get your pm this morning! Fingers crossed everything goes well hun and Congrats again! X

Wow thats fantastic, i remember you telling us about it last year. Hope everything goes well at doctors and FX for a sticky bean xxx

Oh my, I remember too, go kick butt!! And huge congratulations!! :yay:

am off to stamp my feet now girls so will keep you posted....arrrr Ive got a sticky bean in me and I think its 12weeks!!! will get back to you thanks so much xxx

:yay: what exciting news hun :love:

Best of luck hun x

I remember reading about it last year so pleased for you Hun congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111