need help!

blonde_ditz77

Reaction score
hi every one im just new to this site. basically my history is im 26 in december and was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor when i was 17, i recieved chemotherapy and radiotherapy for it.(ive been clear since) the problem is i was told the chemotherapy i recieved could affect my fertility i had tests done and was told alot of my eggs are damaged, i miscarried twice because of this then had my lovely son. i again miscarried in may. wheni was recieveing treatment i was put on HRT as my periods stopped and i was getting hot flushes. i was put on the pill called noriday after trying cerazette which stopped my periods to hopefully stop me losing eggs. i came off this pill on the 9th of september to hopefully ttc again ive had no period since the 24th of august and the hot flushes have returned. ive got to have a hormone test in november as they think its the start of my menopause(i was told by my fertility dr that i would probably go through this and be finished before i hit 30)

sorry for the long post im just really worried im so young to go through this and would love another child. iwas expecting to have been visited by af before now but stillnothing ive had cramp in my back(which i normally get the same day she arrives)ive also been geting slight pains in my lower abdomen i dont reallyknow what ir all means. xx :wall2:

I'm sorry about your situation but it seems to me like you have two choices.

Either you can just stick with it trying naturally and just hope and be content with the outcome.

Or you should jump right in for IVF.

Assuming you are going though the menopause due to depleted egg store - you really don't have time to be faffing around with tests.

At the very least you need to get some eggs stored away if you can't afford IVF just yet.

i had thought about that the other worry i have is that if my eggs are damaged (and because we dont know which ones are and are not) storing them may not be an option either. i dont know an awful lot about the menopause i guess i just put it to the back of my mindhoping it wouldnt happen to me like the docs said, so im not even sure if this is the start of it how long ive got before its over and done with. thank you for helping me tho :) xx

There is a proceedure called DHEA where they take the immature egg content and mature it in the lab to check for damage :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back