Toilet training and bedtime bottle

Cjj

Reaction score
Looking for some advice please lovely ladies!
Jess is nearly 21 months and still has an evening bottle. Have tried all sorts of milk and all sorts of cups but she is stuck on 7oz aptamil each night. I've left it be as she's enjoying it and I don't see any harm.
But she's now showing all the signs of being ready for toilet training. She tells me when she's going and the last two days has got quite upset when doing a poo in her nappy so I think I need to bite the bullet there and get on with it..... I've just purchased a seat and step and looking at reward charts.
So, do I still want to be giving her 7oz milk at bedtime? Can I expect a dry night or do people use night time nappies for a while anyhow?
Any advice on either would be appreciated!

Jackson was the same about that age. He still some times takes a bobo at night if hes unsettled or unwell.

But his speech, teeth are perfect plus throughout the day he drinks from a straw cup and has had no dummy either.

Id perhaps try her with a pullup at night with a bottle with a lesser amount in or perhaps earlier if you can?

xxxx

I'd avoid reward or sticker charts for it tbh. She doesn't need rewarding for natural behaviour (if you want to look more into the problem with reward charts there's lots online if you google it).

I don't think the milk at bedtime is too much of a problem, but you'd be best encouraging her to use the potty/toilet before she falls asleep, and I always lifted mine out of bed at around midnight-2am and sat her on the toilet, she'd wee, and then go back to sleep. I did that for quite a while and it worked for us, she was dry at night within the same week she toilet trained in the day.
Eventually she was able to wake herself when she needed a wee in the night.

My 2 were both dry, day and night at the same time, but were 2 and a half when toilet trained so quite a bit older. We did pull ups for bed for a couple of weeks but had no real reason to use them. We also put on the toilet at around midnight, and 1st thing in the morning and last thing at night. 21 months is really young to control there bladder during the night so maybe pull ups for a couple of months could be the way forward, and if she is dry you could stop using them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back