Bedtime...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
.... what time do you put your LO's to bed???

I've noticed that after Layla's afternoon milk, and "tea" (food) she has a play and tires herself out so much that by 6'oclock she flakes out... her last milk feed is @ 6.30 anyway which means bed between 7-7.30pm. The last couple of nights though she's not been going to bed til between 8-9pm because of this and then taking up to an hour to go back to sleep for the night. Should I bring her bedtime forward again to 6.30ish?

My "problem" is that she sleeps to darn well when she does go to bed lol. Between 11-13hrs!!!

Any advice most welcome. Thanks girlies :) xx

I would bring it forward again. Paige goes to sleep at 7pm but I always try and get her to be in bed before then, because if I put her down at 7:30 for instance, it'll take her up to an hour or longer for her to get to sleep as she becomes over tired. Maybe shes getting a bit flustered, and by bringing it forward it'll just give her a nice clear bedtime. Because she sleep so well, it means you still wont get a crazy wake up time either :) x

I would bring it forward again. Paige goes to sleep at 7pm but I always try and get her to be in bed before then, because if I put her down at 7:30 for instance, it'll take her up to an hour or longer for her to get to sleep as she becomes over tired. Maybe shes getting a bit flustered, and by bringing it forward it'll just give her a nice clear bedtime. Because she sleep so well, it means you still wont get a crazy wake up time either :) x

Yeah that's true hun... I'm still waiting for a 6am (or before!) wake up call lol. I'm usually up at 7am at the moment anyway and Layla isn't usually surfacing until anywhere from 7.30-9.30am!!!

Going to try her on an early bedtime tonight and see how it works out. :) Was just worried that it may have been a bit "too early". I guess we'll find out later! :) xx

Charley goes to bed between 6-6.30. He's tired by then but if he was to nap then, it would mean he wouldn't go to bed until 8ish and I know this sounds selfish but I love my child free evenings!
Because he goes to bed so early he does wake between 6-6.30 in the morning but I don't care cos I've had a solid nights sleep cos he sleeps through.
If she seems sleepy earlier then there's no harm in an earlier bedtime x x

Charley goes to bed between 6-6.30. He's tired by then but if he was to nap then, it would mean he wouldn't go to bed until 8ish and I know this sounds selfish but I love my child free evenings!
Because he goes to bed so early he does wake between 6-6.30 in the morning but I don't care cos I've had a solid nights sleep cos he sleeps through.
If she seems sleepy earlier then there's no harm in an earlier bedtime x x

yeah I know what you mean hun. the other night I was up and down those stairs like a bloody yoyo lol. aiming for a 6pm bed time now i think... 6.30 at latest :) xx

for a while my lo was in bed at 6.30 after his last bottle. however he would wake up after about an hour and be full of energy until about 9am, before sleeping and waking for 2 night feeds.

for the last 5 nights he has finally been sleeping through (yay) but he has his last bottle (9oz) at 9pm, and sleeps till 9am. i really would have liked an earlier bedtime, but this seems to be suiting him so much better. he has a later lunch, now at 1 instead ot 12, an afternoon snack around 3, and then naps in the late afternoon. awake until half 8ish when he gets tired, he falls asleep during last feed and thats it.

gradually i will try to bring it forwrad by half hour and limit naps etc and see how it goes, but for the moment im just so happy that he's sleeping 12 hours that 9pm bedtime will have to do!!!

Donovan is always asleep and in bed by 6pm at the VERY latest. Most nights he goes to bed between 5.30-5.45, he sleeps straight through but wakes at 6am at which time we bring him in with us and he plays with a toy in bed with us til about half 7-8ish, his bedtime used to be 7pm but he brought it forward by himself, now it looks like he's trying to bring it forward again to 5.30 which is way too early, I can cope with waking at 6 but I class 5.30 as night time still!

Donovan is always asleep and in bed by 6pm at the VERY latest. Most nights he goes to bed between 5.30-5.45, he sleeps straight through but wakes at 6am at which time we bring him in with us and he plays with a toy in bed with us til about half 7-8ish, his bedtime used to be 7pm but he brought it forward by himself, now it looks like he's trying to bring it forward again to 5.30 which is way too early, I can cope with waking at 6 but I class 5.30 as night time still!

Lol that's the same as me! Charley went through a phase of waking at 5am but that's far to early! Luckily he's gone back to 6am, wish he'd wake at 7 though, to me that's morning!!

Madison goes to bed between 6 and 6.30 also its fab!! xx

Oooh def Bring it forward, it would be lovely to have such an early bedtime , you could get loads done, pamper yourself and still have time to cook, clean and watch Telly! I'm trying tok bring Devons forward, we are sort of getting there , and now 8-830pm instead of 9pm, or I don't get to sit down till 11pm from washing up , ironing etc and fall asleep and loose my tv time.

Last edited:
Wow, 6pm? Drakes normally still eating his tea at that time lol!

7.45pm is his last feed, in bed for 8pm. I think I need to have his tea earlier though as I'm struggling to get him to take all his milk at bedtime and can be trying for up to an hour! Ideally I'd like him to be in bed by 7pm, so I'm gonna have to work on that a bit!

yeah i had layla having her tea at about 6pm ish and then her last milk feed @ 7ish but changed that. She now has her tea no later than 5pm. Managed to get her to bed by 7pm tonight. Her teeth started playing up. Officially fell asleep by 8pm (after 3 times of me going up to settle her and a dose of calpol poor girl) Gained an extra half hour to myself tonight though which has been nice. Might just have an early night though ;-) xx

Isla is in bed between 7 and 8. Her tea is at 4:45-5ish depending on how grumpy she gets. She wakes up at 6 but will happily lie there until 7. Tonight she struggled and fell asleep on me at 6:45! Poor thing has a top tooth cutting.

Isla is in bed between 7 and 8. Her tea is at 4:45-5ish depending on how grumpy she gets. She wakes up at 6 but will happily lie there until 7. Tonight she struggled and fell asleep on me at 6:45! Poor thing has a top tooth cutting.

Poor Isla Tegan really struggled with the top two! she's just cut one next to her 2 top teeth xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back