To much formilk, do i quit breast feeding??

I give up :( block feeding ( one boobie in the day, the other at noght) was causing low weight gain, only 5oz in two weeks, it was also causing constipation :( 2 poos in 6days. So i went back to alternate boobs for feeds for a couple of days, this helped arthur to poo :) however cause alot of griping, hes been farting like mad and wanted to feed alot, so im now bk to square one and need help xx

He was going every4-5hrs but converted bk to every 2hrs xx

It can be growth spurt hun. did it happen all of a sudden?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Toby never had particularly good weight gain and fed 2 hourly through the day, how old is he? could easily be a growth spurt... what has you BF support suggested? :flower:

Hi hun- when you say constipation as only 2 poos in 6 days- what are the poos like?

Are they hard and pebbly or softish?

If they're not hard then it's not constipation. I ebf and when H was young he used to do around 2 poos a week

Have you thought about baby massage techniques to help with his tummy? Xx

Hi girls quick update, arthur has now put on 12oz in one week :) happy days, i dont express no more and keep him on boobie longer, and only do 2 block feeds then alternate, and hes pooing again xx

Its started again :( up every 2hrs again feeding, awful smelly farts, stomach rock hard, not pooed in 3days.

I hate to say it but it sounds as though 2-3 days between pooing is LO's normal, some babies have trouble parting with it, my friends LO was terrible for letting go, and the feeding 2 hourly is his way of trying to get things going/making things feel better...
... what does you breastfeeding support worker suggest?
:hugs:

She hasnt got bk to me in a week :( i dont know what to do, hes finally parted this morning with it but cried so bad last night as its hurting him, i gave him infacol to help, did that make it worse??
My breast burse worker said his smelly trumps and bad gripes and feeding 2hrly can be a sign hes getting to much fore milk xx

Do you drink orange juice? That can encourage poops sometimes xx

infacol is to help with colic, and from my experience, T was ok with it for a few weeks and then it made him poorly, if it is gripes and pooing problems the baby massage and warm baths might help, how is he now? not sure about gripe water???

I dont drink much orange jucie but will try it, he seems better now, became tired once he pooed, and is still asleep, its distressing him at night, hes grunting and trying to push so hard in his sleep, when he trumps in his sleep he seems to stop trying so hard, then 10mins later hes doing it again, then he starts to cry and wants to feed, then he trumps like mad when hes feeding. I bath him every night snd do his excersizes daily too, i just dont know what to do xx

Sounds as though you are doing everything he needs. Some babies unfortunately don't like parting with it. When he does it is his usual colour? :flower:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Its always a yellow colour but these smelly days poos are a deep yellow tinge of orange xx

I would be more concerned if they were a completely different colour, if they are still a version on yellow that sounds ok. you really are doing everything right :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back