To much formilk, do i quit breast feeding??

Is he happy?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hes ok just grizzley last 2days, and only pooded once in 4 days xx

That sounds perfectly happy to me... He has put on weight not lost it so you are still doing a fab job hun :hugs:

But he has been putting a 1lb on every 2wks and hes fell off his 75th centile to 50 xx

But he has been putting a 1lb on every 2wks and hes fell off his 75th centile to 50 xx
It can be anything hun - cold, teeth etc. Have you tried offering breast more often? BF babies tend to slow down their weight gain. As long as he has plenty nappies, no urates etc, I wouldnt worry too much. BF babies can poo once a week

Babies weight gain can be up and down. I wouldn't worry. Breastfeed babies tend to plateau with their weight gain too. You're doing great!

toby never ever followed the centiles.... but was a happy (albeit grizzly and virally) baby, :hugs: you are doing a fab job, keep doing what you are doing :flower:

He has had cold for 2wks, but hes crying in pain tonight with his tummy, the oh is away so hes in bed with me, and hes grunting/crying like mad bringing his knees up xx

:( did he settle? sounds as though he needed mummy time though :hugs:
colds can be quite nasty on the tummy :flower:

He settled a bit but still grunted if i moved him into the middle of the bed, he cried till i put him on his side and held him or put him on boobie xx

Poor thing. Have you tried infacol or gripe water, how is he?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

He was prescribed lactlouse by the gp, gave it him at 5am, just farted like mad but no poo :(hes grizzly pullin his knees up xx

This might seem a fast question but are you sure he is consisted and it isn't just wind/colic? It is really common for breastfed babies to not poo for a week :hugs: what about baby massage? X

Hes defo not colic as he winges, its more wind, he has only just started not pooing in the last 2 1/2wks regular however did poo everyday last week :( xx

when he does go what is his poo like? x
How has he been today? x

He normally goes twice a day or more and it used to be green but bk to yellow now, hes trumpin like mad and more wet napoies since no poo xx

Lactulose can give you gripes.... I am wondering if it is that that he is struggling with... I meant poo consistency... I know tmi..... x

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

ive only given him 5ml lactlouse in 2days, i havent used it before as he started pooing again, but now he isnt, xx

did the gripes start up after giving it? :flower: if so use with caution, I think the lactulose might be causing them, breastmilk is almost all absorbed so to not go a few days in a row can be normal... he night not have anything much for the lactulose to work against, 5 ml is also half of my minimum prescribed dose x

I mean i only gave it in2.5ml but he had 5ml in total, no the gripes started weeks ago, im under the breastfeeding nurse as my high foremilk causes his gripes xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back